User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I saw it a couple years ago (the one on the federal reserve, right?) on google (really, spellcheck? google is in Merriam-Webster, yet you give it the squiggly red underline?) video and loved it. Fascinating.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Ahh, the movie that spawned thousands of 9/11 Truthers and anti-Fed conspiracy libertarians.

I actually think it was alright. We don't have enough documentaries like this, that are decently put together, that try to take on the whole establishment.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I watched a good amount of it around 10 months ago, but couldn't quite focus. My ENFP ex decided that i needed to watch it on one of the first days we hung out, when i had little to no sleep and just wanted to relax and be a cuddly ENFJ

I liked how it was set up and the points were good from what i remember. The thing that negates it for me is when someone is far too serious about it all (like said ex).
    He also killed the entire 2012 nonsense for my by mentioning it at least 20 times a day. I wish i was exaggerating.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

sammy

I saw it a number of years ago. I thought it was really interesting and worth thinking about, even though it played on emotions a bit much.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Zeitgeist looked familiar but I never saw a movie
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I don't remember much about the movie, but there are some very good documentaries...

With credible and intelligent individuals being interviewed.

Corruption permeates our society at all levels. We've had banks intentionally giving people false balances, to encourage them to spend...so that the bank could trick them into an overdraft fee.

That's just one example, and don't get me started on the health care industry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I don't remember much about the movie, but there are some very good documentaries...

With credible and intelligent individuals being interviewed.
    Truth is stranger than fiction, so it's good to spend some time with the truth now and then to keep things interesting...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Has anyone heard of Jacques Fresco? He wrote an article on the Zeitgeist movement... basically the idea that the whole monetary system is completely flawed and is the main reason that people are corrupt and greedy in this world. Fear of poverty and the pressures of 'ownership' cause criminal activity bla bla bla... He even wrote an article suggesting a new way of society where money doesn't exist. It's hard to get my head around and sounds a lot like communism, but it's an interesting concept if you wanna check it out:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/...20Movement.pdf

Anyway, it's interesting how so many on this thread seem so angry about this doco. Shouldn't we be encouraging people to question the way we live? Why there is so much violence, greed and ignorance in the world? This Peter Joseph guy has come up with a theory... and I wonder why Edward Winston has gone to soooo much effort to stop us from believing it. Do you worry what his agenda was in making the film?? Or do you have an agenda yourself Edward???

I like how at the end of Zeitgeist it talks about how when two people meet, no matter how different, they try and find the likeness in each other... to relate to each other. That we all crave to be connected to each other. But our society has isolated us from each other. People are lonely, greedy, disconnected from each other and from nature. I don't need to read from a book or a cited website to see this. And I don't think reading an angry article about how bad Peter Joseph is will change my mind either....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Meh, conspiracy theory drivel. With the myriad of ways that the system is actually screwing over the world and the people in it people still have to try and find "the truth" by taking random disparate bits of evidence and piecing them together in a completely arbitrary way?

And it's not even a well done documentary, it relies wholly on the subject being ignorant and open to cold suggestion.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Yes I watched this a while ago, I really liked it a lot. The part about religion and its correlation to astrology was pretty cool. I definitely recommend this movie to peeps who havnt seen it yet .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari