User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It's even more unfair to charge for the women's restroom just because the men are being charged. There's not a mess problem in the women's room, there's no reason to charge for it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Mm. Normally I'd agree and be somewhat irked, but a quarter seems a token amount meant simply to ward away undesirables from a specific outcome, not to produce revenue.
    Then why charge paying customers? And why discriminate based on gender?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It's even more unfair to charge for the women's restroom just because the men are being charged. There's not a mess problem in the women's room, there's no reason to charge for it.
    I'm not going into the men's room and smearing shit all over the walls. There's no reason to charge me for it if I'm a paying customer.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    What reason is there to believe that non-patrons are more likely to fuck up the bathroom than patrons? Are they going to go in and check for messes immediately after every patron uses the restroom?

Besides that, they could just institute a "no bathroom use for non-customers" policy. There's no need to charge patrons to use it, but if they're going to they shouldn't discriminate based on gender.
    They're not discriminating based on gender. They're discriminating based on the messier bathroom, which happens to be the male one.

MBTI
    INTx

Then why charge paying customers? And why discriminate based on gender?
    The purpose isn't to charge men. It's to keep undesirables out of that specific room, which happens to be the men's room.

The question of why they can't restrict to paying customers is an interesting one and would seem the more straight forward answer, but I suspect it has to do with not wanting to commit staff to blockading the people or calling the police every few hours. The original post mentioned this was in a bad neighborhood, so...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

They're not discriminating based on gender. They're discriminating based on the messier bathroom, which happens to be the male one.
    It is discriminating based on gender because they're forcing all male customers to pay for the poor behavior of a minority of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    The purpose isn't to charge men. It's to keep undesirables out of that specific room, which happens to be the men's room.

The question of why they can't restrict to paying customers is an interesting one and would seem the more straight forward answer, but I suspect it has to do with not wanting to commit staff to blockading the people or calling the police every few hours.
    If "undesirables" are non-customer males, why not just institute a no bathroom use for non-customers policy? How does charging male customers prevent undesirables from entering the restroom?

For that matter, what reason at all is there to believe that non-patrons are more likely to mess up the restroom than patrons? Nobody has answered that yet.

Regardless of their intentions, they're still taking out their frustration with a small minority of male customers on all male customers, which is ridiculous. If they somehow found out that most of the people messing up the men's room are black, does it become reasonable to charge a special fee to all black men?

Well if that's the case, I'm being discriminated against because I pay taxes, yet don't use every service I pay for. Supreme Court, here I come! I'm the victim of a grave injustice!

Anyways, just seems like a bizarre way to go. Why not just hire a bathroom steward or something and bake the cost into an extra 2 cents for a medium fry? I suppose it works, but it seems like a bit much.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well if that's the case, I'm being discriminated against because I pay taxes, yet don't use every service I pay for. Supreme Court, here I come! I'm the victim of a grave injustice!
    That's pretty unrelated. We're talking about a private business here, not a public government body like the IRS.

Answer this?

If they somehow found out that most of the people messing up the men's room are black, does it become reasonable to charge a special fee to all black men?

That's pretty unrelated. We're talking about a private business here, not a public government body like the IRS.

Answer this?

If they somehow found out that most of the people messing up the men's room are black, does it become reasonable to charge a special fee to all black men?
    If there's a proven link, I wouldn't hold it against them.

I'm probably a bad person to ask these questions, as I'm one of most morally bankrupt/indifferent people I know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

If there's a proven link, I wouldn't hold it against them.
    That's interesting. Shall we double the price of airline tickets for Muslims, too? Those bombed planes are expensive to replace!

MBTI
    INTx

If "undesirables" are non-customer males, why not just institute a no bathroom use for non-customers policy? How does charging male customers prevent undesirables from entering the restroom?

For that matter, what reason at all is there to believe that non-patrons are more likely to mess up the restroom than patrons? Nobody has answered that yet.

Regardless of their intentions, they're still taking out their frustration with a small minority of male customers on all male customers, which is ridiculous. If they somehow found out that most of the people messing up the men's room are black, does it become reasonable to charge a special fee to all black men?
    The token charge is a least-impact resolution. Less confrontational than having your staff enforce it. The racial card is moot given you can't divide up the rooms like that.

Non-patrons are more likely to mess up the room because patrons will be of a higher social class and more concerned with sanitation. Truly degenerate individuals are less concerned with the environment and more about not getting arrested for going in public.