User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The only "9/11 truth" is that you're a moron if you think the US government was behind it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    NICE

The appeal of conspiracy theories is that they are logically consistent: with the benefit of hindsight, tenuous suppositions can be carefully linked together and woven in a way that appeals to people who aren't too worried about the contrived and speculative nature of the theory.

Moreover, conspiracy theorists, by simply presenting a "what if" scenario (because no real proofs are ever presented, as such) assume that the onus is on the Government to "disprove" the serious "allegations", rather than present tangible evidence that supports their contentions - say in the form of several independent witnesses.

In reality, highly unlikely scenarios such as these don't really need to be taken seriously for that reason alone... never mind the thousands of public servants, who would have been needed to collude in the mass murder, remaining silent both before and after the event.

Mr Avery appears to be a woo-merchant who makes the mistake of believing that an internally consistent theory is by definition a good one. This is not so. He fails to mention the external lack of consistency; or the numerous improbabilities.

And the evidence: a folded $20 bill

Still. The hoo-ha over the video says nothing about Mr Avery; it says alot though about the people who take this kind of rubbish seriously.

Mr Ahmadinejad's incredible (and varied) assertions should simply be viewed as rhetoric; it's part of a game where the US and her allies demand Iran behaves in a particular way and Iran replies by sticking up its finger. She's been doing it for 30 years.

On the contrary, by resorting to conspiracy theories, the leadership (which Mr Ahmadinejad is simply a mouthpiece) is demonstrating that Iran is very much an "unpredictable" player and that anti-US sentiment has some deep grounding in the country. This serves its interest very well.

In fact, Iran is a highly predictable player and the xenophobia of its people over-stated. The country is precariously perched between east and west; you can take Mr Ahmadinejad's ramblings as symptomatic of how insecure the regime is. Which is good news.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't believe either side has the whole story. Hopefully in our lifetime we will find out what really happened...like the JFK assassination.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    It's cleverer than believing in 9/11 "Truth" at the expense of all logic. Your mind says yes but rationality says no.

Let's see...I can take the word of thousands of engineers and scientists...or a raving college kid with a copy of Windows Movie Maker plus thousands of his braindead followers. Yeah...

And by the way, 9/11 Truthers are as dumb as those who believe in Reptoids and the Illuminati conspiracy. If you subscribe to an idiotic belief, people are going to question your intelligence. Get used to it.
    Ok, is this supposed to be an intelligent contribution?

Can you please now show me the post in which i state i believe in any particular conspiracy theory?
    I think not.
    What i suggest is that based on the knowledge we have regarding governments, their corruption, and their warmongering/inhumanity why should we not doubt them?
    I suggest it is crazy not to doubt them.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't believe either side has the whole story. Hopefully in our lifetime we will find out what really happened...like the JFK assassination.
    This
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP

They may not of orchestrated the event directly, but they did whatever they could to let it happen.
    Perhaps you'de like a look at this. [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9JCDchk34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9JCDchk34[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The appeal of conspiracy theories is that they are logically consistent: with the benefit of hindsight, tenuous suppositions can be carefully linked together and woven in a way that appeals to people who aren't too worried about the contrived and speculative nature of the theory.

Moreover, conspiracy theorists, by simply presenting a "what if" scenario (because no real proofs are ever presented, as such) assume that the onus is on the Government to "disprove" the serious "allegations", rather than present tangible evidence that supports their contentions - say in the form of several independent witnesses.

In reality, highly unlikely scenarios such as these don't really need to be taken seriously for that reason alone... never mind the thousands of public servants, who would have been needed to collude in the mass murder, remaining silent both before and after the event.

Mr Avery appears to be a woo-merchant who makes the mistake of believing that an internally consistent theory is by definition a good one. This is not so. He fails to mention the external lack of consistency; or the numerous improbabilities.

And the evidence: a folded $20 bill

Still. The hoo-ha over the video says nothing about Mr Avery; it says alot though about the people who take this kind of rubbish seriously.

Mr Ahmadinejad's incredible (and varied) assertions should simply be viewed as rhetoric; it's part of a game where the US and her allies demand Iran behaves in a particular way and Iran replies by sticking up its finger. She's been doing it for 30 years.

On the contrary, by resorting to conspiracy theories, the leadership (which Mr Ahmadinejad is simply a mouthpiece) is demonstrating that Iran is very much an "unpredictable" player and that anti-US sentiment has some deep grounding in the country. This serves its interest very well.

In fact, Iran is a highly predictable player and the xenophobia of its people over-stated. The country is precariously perched between east and west; you can take Mr Ahmadinejad's ramblings as symptomatic of how insecure the regime is. Which is good news.
    This is an excellent post.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    No i'm done with explaining to you without hearing anything you have to say....boring.
    A few dozen or so extremist Muslims with ties to al-Qaeda hijacked 4 airplanes. They flew those airplanes into the two tallest WTC towers, the Pentagon, and the fourth crashed into a field.

The End.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    A few dozen or so extremist Muslims with ties to al-Qaeda hijacked 4 airplanes. They flew those airplanes into the two tallest WTC towers, the Pentagon, and the fourth crashed into a field.

The End.
    BUT THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

The End.
    A few dozen or so?
    I rest my case