MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Like you just did?
    Yes but i also answered, please look at the whole of what i posted. I said i can think of several in either or all cases. Your being pernickety, i still don't see where you are coming from. Care to offer your views?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I am looking for "massive scandals & cover ups" of the magnitude of 9/11.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I am looking for "massive scandals & cover ups" of the magnitude of 9/11.
    Theres quite a few here
    List of successful coups d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now stop being sardonic and offer your views.
    Are you posting to mock or do you have anything to contribute?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    What do you mean by magnitude?
    He means the impossibly huge number of people who would have to be in on it in order to cover up possible leaks and exposure; gee, I wonder what kind of mindset believes that there is a super-cohesive group of power-hungry sociopaths who can so confidently and competently control events, all without being detected by the "sheeple," particularly without the benefit of totalitarian institutions?

MBTI
    INTP

Theres quite a few here
    :rolleyes2:

Putting aside the other obvious differences between military coups and truther conspiracies (such as the sheer number of complicit witnesses and outside organizations needed to coordinate and manipulate information in a desired direction), military coups do not have to remain secret in order to be successful; people know them for what they are after the fact.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Theres quite a few here
    Please point out the ones that were cover-ups much like 9/11.

If you could explain why 9/11 is like coup, I wish to hear it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    He means the impossibly huge number of people who would have to be in on it in order to cover up possible leaks and exposure; gee, I wonder what kind of mindset believes that there is a super-cohesive group of power-hungry sociopaths who can so confidently and competently control events, all without being detected by the "sheeple," particularly without the benefit of totalitarian institutions?
    It has been detected otherwise people wouldn't be talking about it, questioning it, and calling it a cover up....
    What kind of mindset?hmmm...one that likes to question authority.
    Please don't imply i'm some kind of single nutjob hiding in a hole in the wall afraid that "they" are poisioning my milk.

Purely in regards to the states the C.I.A have been behind many many coup d'etats with many thousands of deaths as consequence. If you do not want to follow the link i have now posted twice in this thread then i'll just mention a couple

The 1953 Coup d'etat in Iran, codename Ajax

The arming of the Afgan moujahedeen (yes befor they decided to fight against them they did infact arm them-nothing new there) for the sole purpose of killing the soviet presence.

If you will actually read them i'll provide links but it seems a waste of time unless you will.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Please point out the ones that were cover-ups much like 9/11.

If you could explain why 9/11 is like coup, I wish to hear it.
    No i'm done with explaining to you without hearing anything you have to say....boring.

MBTI
    INTP

Please don't imply i'm some kind of single nutjob hiding in a hole in the wall afraid that "they" are poisioning my milk.
    You're doing that to yourself.

The CIA actions you mentioned are all qualitatively and quantitatively different from the 9/11 conspiracies, as MacGuffin and other people have tried pointing out to you. And no conspiracy has been "detected," rather unsubstantiated paranoid fantasies have been posited, all of which have been thoroughly debunked.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You're doing that to yourself.

The CIA actions you mentioned are all qualitatively and quantitatively different from the 9/11 conspiracies, as MacGuffin and other people have tried pointing out to you. And no conspiracy has been "detected," rather unsubstantiated paranoid fantasies have been posited, all of which have been thoroughly debunked.
    How are they different quantitatively? explain.
    15,000 soviet soldiers were killed in Afganistan as a consequence of the C.I.A's involvement, which they fully intended.

According to the author of the newly released Charlie Wilson's War, the exception to CIA incompetence was the arming between 1979 and 1988 of thousands of Afghan moujahedeen ("freedom fighters"). The agency flooded Afghanistan with an astonishing array of extremely dangerous weapons and "unapologetically mov[ed] to equip and train cadres of high tech holy warriors in the art of waging a war of urban terror against a modern superpower," in this case, the USSR.

The author of this glowing account, George Crile, is a veteran producer for the CBS television news show "60 Minutes" and an exuberant Tom Clancy-type enthusiast for the Afghan caper. He argues that the U.S. clandestine involvement in Afghanistan was "the largest and most successful CIA operation in history" and "the one morally unambiguous crusade of our time." He adds that "there was nothing so romantic and exciting as this war against the Evil Empire." Crile's sole measure of success is the number of Soviet soldiers killed (about 15,000), which undermined Soviet morale and contributed to the disintegration of the Soviet Union in the period from 1989 to 1991. That's the successful part.

from this source
    The Largest Covert Operation in CIA History