User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP

"Most conspiracy theories don't make sense nor withstand any scrutiny. They usually involve operations so immense that it's basically impossible for them to be kept secret, and all the proof given by conspiracy theorists usually have a very simple explanation (usually much simpler than the explanation given by the theorists)."

Does the manhatten project ring any bells? That was quite a secret....till it was dropped. Then you get nutcases like J Edgar Hoover and Stalin in our rather recent history...and you believe that kind of manipulation can't happen in the western world? Wishful thinking...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I did not ever express an opinion other than to state people are not hysterical to believe there is a cover up. Please show me where i have
    What would they be covering up, exactly?

I wonder if convincing a personality type internet forum (or at least repeating yourself enough times that nobody bothers responding anymore) of the truth of a conspiracy theory somehow makes conspiracy theorists feel validated.

I guess it must, but I don't really see why.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why is everyone assuming nefarious hiding? It'd be much easier to hide in plain sight. With the flood of information to everyone about everything now-a-days, everyone just gets pulled out with the tide and there's very little it feels you can do about it.

You think they can keep people silent? No way. But who cares who knows? They'll be played off as nutcases and just arrested when they get violent. Nothing doing, huh?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Does the manhatten project ring any bells? That was quite a secret....till it was dropped.
    Y'know, if you're going to bring up government actions that are quantitatively and qualitatively different from alleged 9/11 conspiracies to support your paranoia, you're probably better off not bringing up a program that was famously compromised by Soviet spies. Just a little tip to aid you on your journey of discovery.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    See if you can recognize some of these:
    Again you are insinuating that i belong to a particular theory or at least support one regarding 9/11. Let me make this very very clear to you.
    I DO NOT BELONG TO ANY PARTICULAR THEORY REGARDING 9/11
    Ok, so now (hopefully) that we have finally cleared that up, prehaps you can answer the post that i am now asking you to answer for the third time.

Edit: Incidentally, the only question contained in your post was "really?"
    You know exactly which post i am asking you about because you have been dodging it intentionally,
    It's this one, just so you clear.

Giving money and weapons to foreign guerillas in an anarchic environment.....
    So yet again, i am asking you to expound on the above because for one you are incorrect in stating that they C.I.A just gave weapons and money to the guerillas, actually called Mujahideens. Operation cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert operations in history.
    They also gave them (the Mujahideens)military training and training in propaganda and sabotage; car bombings was a favourite.
    I would also like you to clear up the "anarchic" environment statement because it was not so. There was an active government which invited the soviets in.
    Just to be really clear.
    Why do you believe it was an anarchic environment?

You also stated this...

Incidentally, I think arming the Afghans was a great idea; don't mistake "blowback" for policy failure.
    Just saying that it should be obvious why you stated this and mentioning the second world war does not clear it up so...

Why in your opinion was it a good idea? expound
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post

I DO NOT BELONG TO ANY PARTICULAR THEORY REGARDING 9/11

Why do you believe it was an anarchic environment?

Why in your opinion was it a good idea? expound
    1.) Neither are most other Truthers; you're just convinced, absent any credible evidence, that the American government would, and ultimately far more importantly, could pull off a conspiracy in which 9/11 was an inside job and look for any dubious pretext to reject the rather obvious conclusion that 9/11 was the work of "a bunch of pissed-off Muslims" (to quote South Park). Re-read that (non-exhaustive) list of fallacies....

2.) No government had either popular legitimacy or an effective monopoly on the legitimate use of force. Its relatively easy for small, cohesive and hierarchical organizations (such as the CIA) to carry out conspiracies in such a context, especially when exposure would not be calamitous.

3.) To state what is blindingly obvious to everyone else (whether they agree with me or not), my contention (on what was a purely tangential point) is that the Soviets were a much greater threat than Jihadis in Afghanistan, just as the Axis powers were a greater threat (during that time period) than the Soviet Union. In both cases, alliances with the lesser of two evils was highly instrumental to the attainment of priority policy goals but resulted in "blowback" that largely defined subsequent events.

MBTI
    INFP

They only needed 9/11 to happen, and it suited their agenda to do so. Meaning any efforts to lower the impact of the tragedy were thwarted, so it could swade public opinion and rage. I seem to recall an account of two brothers, one in the air traffic control who left his post to call his brother in the second tower, and warn him to get out of there. No warnings were going to be given. They needed the excuse to invade iraq, control the territories richest of oil. Wasen't Saddam also planning to start pricing the oil in Euro's? And that iran should follow, and gradually switch to euro's too. Yea...he definatly had to go.

I suppose you have no idea of the enormous amount of wargames being played on many seperate locations on 9/11 , which all dealt with scenario's of hijacked airplanes...included planes on remote control. What idiot would have all of them running at the same time, killing response time. Who's idea was it? Dick Cheney. What about the intelligence agencies around the world warning the towers was a target?

The US needed the excuse, and 9/11 was it. So why not let it happen, and let the full blaim fall on terrorists. Oh and the one in command during 9/11? Dick Cheney...with Bush reading about the pet goat.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

1.) Neither are most other Truthers; you're just convinced, absent any credible evidence, that the American government would, and ultimately far more importantly, could pull off a conspiracy in which 9/11 was an inside job and look for any dubious pretext to reject the rather obvious conclusion that 9/11 was the work of "a bunch of pissed-off Muslims" (to quote South Park). Re-read that (non-exhaustive) list of fallacies....
    hmmm, a bunch of pissed of Muslims. Yet again you proffess you know what i am thinking about without my saying so...

2.) No government had either popular legitimacy or an effective monopoly on the legitimate use of force. Its relatively easy for small, cohesive and hierarchical organizations (such as the CIA) to carry out conspiracies in such a context, especially when exposure would not be calamitous.
    Which makes it "A great idea" to do so. Personally i do not believe that any country/organization/government should think they have carte blanche on playing war games.

3.) To state what is blindingly obvious to everyone else (whether they agree with me or not), my contention (on what was a purely tangential point) is that the Soviets were a much greater threat than Jihadis in Afghanistan, just as the Axis powers were a greater threat (during that time period) than the Soviet Union. In both cases, alliances with the lesser of two evils was highly instrumental to the attainment of priority policy goals but resulted in "blowback" that largely defined subsequent events.
    Yes i was wondering when the "siding/alliancing with the lesser of two evils" would come out. This is what i have been trying to get you to talk about for what seems like forever. It seems that i was correct in my assumption that you are a war mongering follower of the belief that the only super power that should exist is the U.S.A.
    End
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I am feeling more passive at the moment and would like to appologise for being so agro, i thought a nice gesture would be this.....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. Too lazy to find out. Oh well.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-XjX00UHkk"]Pentagon Ahoy![/YOUTUBE]
    That is one of the most hilarious clips I've ever seen.

Those two newscasters come across as such puppets, even if they aren't.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau