User Tag List

123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Vatican in homosexual prostitution ring scandal.

I know I post some anti-Christian things on the forum... but... well.. I'm doing it again.

But seriously, every few months, there is another sex scandal with the Church, and it's not just isolated incidents. And now it's being tied to people closer and closer to the Pope.

Vatican Hit By Gay Sex Scandal

The Vatican has been thrown into chaos by reports that one of the Pope's ceremonial ushers, as well as a member of the elite Vatican choir, were involved in a homosexual prostitution ring.

The allegations came to light after Italian newspapers published transcripts of phone calls recorded by police, who had been conducting an unrelated corruption investigation.

The tapes appear to record Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, a 29-year-old Nigerian Vatican chorister, about men he wanted brought to him for sexual purposes. Balducci was allegedly paying 2,000 euros ($2,714) for each man he met, according to the Irish Times.

Balducci is recorded describing precise physical details of the men he wanted. The transcripts record that during five months in 2008, Ehiem procured for Balducci at least 10 contacts with, among others, "two black Cuban lads," a former male model from Naples, and a rugby player from Rome.

A report by the Italian Carabinieri on the case said: "In order to organize casual encounters of a sexual nature, he availed himself of the intercession of two individuals who, it is maintained, may form part of an organized network, especially active in [Rome], of exploiters or at least facilitators of male prostitution."

The police probe into corruption resulted in Balducci and 4 others being arrested. Allegations of prostitution were only revealed later, and have resulted in Ehiem's dismissal from the Vatican choir.

Balducci held a high position within the Vatican and carried the coffin of Pope John Paul at his 2005 funeral. He has now lost his position as a Gentleman of the Holiness. His trial for corruption is still pending.
    Vatican Hit By Gay Sex Scandal

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    But seriously, every few months, there is another sex scandal with the Church, and it's not just isolated incidents. And now it's being tied to people closer and closer to the Pope.
    I wonder how many members of the cloth are a part of it to conceal their sexual identity in the first place.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I wonder how many members of the cloth are a part of it to conceal their sexual identity in the first place.
    Or at least to conceal their boners during mass.

But if you're a devoutly religious Christian gay man, joining a profession that demands celibacy might seem like the perfect solution to retaining their faith. So, maybe at first, it was an attempt to suppress, rather than conceal, their sexual identity. And eventually they just gave in.

I rather them use an adult prostitution ring though, compared to diddling the altar boys.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Or at least to conceal their boners during mass.

But if you're a devoutly religious Christian gay man, joining a profession that demands celibacy might seem like the perfect solution to retaining their faith. So, maybe at first, it was an attempt to suppress, rather than conceal, their sexual identity. And eventually they just gave in.
    No, yeah, I should have clarified. I meant to conceal it from themselves even. Suppress is a more fitting word, yes.

And yeah, after a few years, I'm sure their own guilt and the promise of salvation in return for repent (that would come easily for a "sexually deviant" believer), makes them see it's not such a bad thing

Indulge in prostitution, ask for forgiveness later.

Unless you're caught by the Pope's cops beotch!

Is this supposed to be news?
    The reason they're so outspoken against homosexuality is merely a tactic to cover up their own homosexuality.
    I don't know how they sleep at night with all that hypocrisy screaming in their head - above the shoulders and below the belt.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The reason they're so outspoken against homosexuality is merely a tactic to cover up their own homosexuality.
    I don't know how they sleep at night with all that hypocrisy screaming in their head - above the shoulders and below the belt.
    I agree,

but I guess the best way to evade a train is by being inside of it.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There's a good video of Stephen Fry equating the Church's obsession with sex to an anorexic or morbidly obese person's obsession with food. I thought the metaphor was pretty good. Ivy found the video:

Dailymotion - The Intelligence≤ Debate - Stephen Fry (Unedited) - a Film & TV video

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was just coming in here to post that video!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I was just coming in here to post that video!
    I stole your thunder! Don't ban me please!

MBTI
    INTP

I'll add in this:

Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
    Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal? [J Abnorm Psychol. 1996] - PubMed result