User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Documenting the Abuse Crisis in The Roman Catholic Church
    BishopAccountability.org: Catholic Priest Sex Abuse Archive. Data on bishops, priests, nuns.

Hide your kids.

Senior Member ChildoftheProphets's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    hmm...since the Clergy kept getting cold busted for not being able to keep their hands off the choir boys.

I suppose they turned to using offerings for prostitution instead?
    This is exactly why clergy shouldn't exist. They become upper-class believers who leach money from their congregations, all the while giving Christianity a bad name. They really need to go get day jobs (St. Paul did: textiles for tents for the win)!
    "In the opening and shutting of heaven's gate, are you able to play the feminine part?" -- Lao Tzu

"For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost -
    But how you played the Game."
    -- Grantland Rice

“Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.” -- from The Catcher in the Rye

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do." -- Jack Sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Really? You're not familiar with Pope Paul VI's Humanae Vitae, in which he addressed "HIS VENERABLE BROTHERS THE PATRIARCHS, ARCHBISHOPS, BISHOPS AND OTHER LOCAL ORDINARIES IN PEACE AND COMMUNION WITH THE APOSTOLIC SEE TO THE CLERGY AND FAITHFUL OF THE WHOLE CATHOLIC WORLD, AND TO ALL MEN OF GOOD WILL, ON THE REGULATION OF BIRTH?" Well, I shall enlighten you, then:

This is also addressed to the person who sent me a rep comment voicing a similar disagreement.
    Hmm, yeah, there's obviously some sort of NLP related prejudice operating here because I dont read that as meaning what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheProphets View Post
    This is exactly why clergy shouldn't exist. They become upper-class believers who leach money from their congregations, all the while giving Christianity a bad name. They really need to go get day jobs (St. Paul did: textiles for tents for the win)!
    Shouldnt exist? I'm sorry I couldnt ever agree to that, they dont exactly leach as they are all taken vows of poverty and pretty much dont live in more than subsistence and simplicity, this was part of my point about the avaratiousness which is evident in this story.

I dont think that Christian ministry should be a part time thing undertaken by someone whose mind is really on their day job.

If you want to criticise leaching clergy you really have to look outside of the RC church to stadium Christianity, tele-evangelism and call now 999 - Christian broadcasts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've got a Catholic clergyman friend who is good folks. But I don't see how a person could look at Vatican City and say with a straight face that all Catholic clergy live in subsistence/poverty conditions in lifestyles of simplicity.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've got a Catholic clergyman friend who is good folks. But I don't see how a person could look at Vatican City and say with a straight face that all Catholic clergy live in subsistence/poverty conditions in lifestyles of simplicity.
    Hmm, that's a bit of a cliched criticism though, could you say that the Whitehouse just exudes "public servant"?

The Church was once a temporal power and not just a spiritual authority, I dont think there's any point in trying to divest itself altogether of the status and wealth it accrued in that time, not when its greatest rivals for hearts and minds arent going to be embarrassed by wealth and power.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Some things are cliched because they just make sense and a lot of people have noticed it. The White House isn't even ten percent as opulent as VC.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Hmm, yeah, there's obviously some sort of NLP related prejudice operating here because I dont read that as meaning what you did.
    It wasn't even necessary for me to quote the Humanae Vitae, since it's quite obvious that a Catholic isn't supposed to stop believing in and loving God while he has sex.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    It wasn't even necessary for me to quote the Humanae Vitae, since it's quite obvious that a Catholic isn't supposed to stop believing in and loving God while he has sex.
    This is silly. Why should anyone "stop believing in and loving God" while they have sex? The two are not mutually exclusive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is silly. Why should anyone "stop believing in and loving God" while they have sex? The two are not mutually exclusive.
    What is silly? I haven't told anyone to do a thing; I've only described how Catholicism views sex.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]