User Tag List

View Poll Results: Pick the option that fits the most, please...

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Believer / Politically Right / AGW is not proved

5 14.29%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Right / AGW is not proved

2 5.71%
  • Believer / Politically Left / AGW is not proved

2 5.71%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Left / AGW is not proved

3 8.57%
  • Believer / Politically Right / AGW likely

1 2.86%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Right / AGW likely

5 14.29%
  • Believer / Politically Left / AGW likely

7 20.00%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Left / AGW likely

10 28.57%
123 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Question Poll on Ideology and Climate change

Greetings!

Reading lots of threads about climate change has given me an idea.

It seems obvious that the way people decide whether they "believe" or not in Anthropogenic climate change is based not on reason or their scientific knowledge, but on their ideology and political preference.

But I would need to see if we have a real correlation, if we have something new to discuss.
    So rather than continue our endless ramblings, I think it could be very interesting to try this new experiment.

---

I know my poll isn't perfect (especially because it can't take into account pure Centrism or various shades of grey), but please, try at least to answer in the box that seems to fit the closest to you. After all, the goal is to see if we have a trend or not. Try to be honest.

I will introduce 3 simple variables:

1/ Do you believe in a personal God or not? Agnostics or Pantheists should vote No.

2/ Politically speaking, are you rather a conservative or a progressive? Do you vote rather Republican or Democrat? On the Right or on the Left? Libertarians and Anarchists are Right, unless they are Anarcho-syndicalists.

3/ Do you believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW)?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

heart on fire

I can't vote in this poll. I no longer believe a left-right political system actually exists in my country. All differences between the parties are just window dressing. A nice show to keep us all at each other's throats.

My spiritual beliefs are more gnostic and freethinking than anything else.

In an ideal world, I'd vote Progressive.

I am not convinced of ACG.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Your premise is somewhat invalid in my case. I'm mostly anarchic as far as political view go (thus I voted left, because that's where anarchists are usually placed), and obviously non-believer, but I don't think we have much solid evidence for AGW (and yes, I'm quite informed, I've always been a meteorology & climatology nerd).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I can't vote in this poll.
    As I said, I did my best with this poll, but sometimes, people are just contrary or argumentative. It's in their values to be so.

I no longer believe a left-right political system actually exists in my country. All differences between the parties are just window dressing. A nice show to keep us all at each other's throats.
    1/ In which political environment did you grow up?

2/ For whom did you vote during the past?

3/ And even if you didn't vote and are against the system as a whole, you should still know whether it's because you feel more liberal than the so-called liberals, or rather it's because you feel your values are threatened... You see what I mean?
    For instance: Communists are Left. Libertarians are Right. Even if they have no elected senators.

My spiritual beliefs are more gnostic and freethinking than anything else.
    Still, my question is very simple, and very precise.

In an ideal world, I'd vote Progressive.
    But in the Real World?

I am not convinced of ACG.
    At least a clear answer.

You see Heart, compared to me, I would have put you into the "Believer/Right/AGW not proven" box.

But it's normal. I'm a strong Atheist, I vote Green party, and I've worked on the consequences of AGW in my academic field. At least I'm honest.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Your premise is somewhat invalid in my case. I'm mostly anarchic as far as political view go (thus I voted left, because that's where anarchists are usually placed), and obviously non-believer, but I don't think we have much solid evidence for AGW (and yes, I'm quite informed, I've always been a meteorology & climatology nerd).
    I will do it for you.

--> Unbeliever/Right/AGW not proven

---

Unless you are an Anarcho-syndicalist, most people who claim to be Anarchist usually are considered to be on the Right field of political spectrum.
    And being against the consensus in Europe is very trendy for a so-called young Anarchist, isn't it?

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I will do it for you.

--> Unbeliever/Right/AGW not proven

---

Unless you are an Anarcho-syndicalist, most people who claim to be Anarchist usually are considered to be on the Right field of political spectrum.
    And being against the consensus in Europe is very trendy for a so-called young Anarchist, isn't it?
    Oh okay right then. Perhaps in France it's classified a bit different. I understand that in the US too is right. Lol idk if I did it because it's trendy, but it might be now that you tell me ahaha
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh okay right then. Perhaps in France it's classified a bit different. I understand that in the US too is right. Lol idk if I did it because it's trendy, but it might be now that you tell me ahaha
    Whatever.

I expect most Libertarians/Anarchists to be against AGW. It would be logical, knowing their ideological affiliation, especially because fighting the AGW would require strong regulations, and cooperation. Two things that oppose their ethos.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Whatever.

I expect most Libertarians/Anarchists to be against AGW. It would be logical, knowing their ideological affiliation, especially because fighting the AGW would require regulations, and cooperation. Two things that oppose their ethos.
    Now you are being a bit ideological, by ideologically connect ideology with AGW even when I tell you I always tried to be indipendently informed.

(I actually have voted for the Green party in the past)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Now you are being a bit ideological, by ideologically connect ideology with AGW even when I tell you I always tried to be indipendently informed.
    Actually, it's because I do not think you really are "independently informed".
    Unless, of course, you have worked in this field.

---

Anyway, this poll doesn't presume ANY of us to be "independently informed". We are all subjective, and this includes myself.

In the poll, we're all equals. It doesn't ask whether we have a PhD on Climatology or not.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Actually, it's because I do not think you really are "independently informed".
    Unless, of course, you have worked in this field.
    Allright, but if you directly try to connect my preference to my political preference, you're supporting your own hypothesis in a forcible way. I've just asked some friends, none of them considers anarchists to be right-wing, by the way.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp