User Tag List

View Poll Results: Pick the option that fits the most, please...

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Believer / Politically Right / AGW is not proved

5 14.29%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Right / AGW is not proved

2 5.71%
  • Believer / Politically Left / AGW is not proved

2 5.71%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Left / AGW is not proved

3 8.57%
  • Believer / Politically Right / AGW likely

1 2.86%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Right / AGW likely

5 14.29%
  • Believer / Politically Left / AGW likely

7 20.00%
  • Unbeliever / Politically Left / AGW likely

10 28.57%
First 1234 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've just asked some friends, none of them considers anarchists to be right-wing, by the way.
    Well... It would be an Italian singularity, then.

But trust my long experience on that matter: today's Anarchism is a right wing ethos, especially because it opposes cooperation between individuals. Most modern Anarchists are in fact strict followers of Rothbard and von Mises, and sometimes of Ayn Rand (unless you prefer Alfredo Bonanno? ).

Modern Anarchists are far, very far from Thoreau, Schopenhauer or Russel.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Using the words Believer/Unbeliever, like it's a religion, will make less people choose that AGW is likely. The religion thing is for another poll.

I don't know... poll making 101.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Using the words Believer/Unbeliever, like it's a religion, will make less people choose that AGW is likely. The religion thing is for another poll.
    Hmmm... Nonetheless I think it's an interesting variable to add.

We shall see.

I don't know... poll making 101.
    So, my dear Blaise... what do you choose?

For you, I'd guess Unbeliever/Left/AGW likely.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    For you, I'd guess Unbeliever/Left/AGW likely.
    Yeah, but instead of "AGW is likely" I'd put "AGW is happening".

It just takes thermometer reading, it's not rocket science.

The real debate is on if humans are causing the sharp leap in temps or not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah, but instead of "AGW is likely" I'd put "AGW is happening".
    You know, that's also what I think. Are you aware you're preaching a convert?
    But I had to find a single variable for AGW with two possible responses only.

And like I said, for the sake of this poll, I decided to put my subjectivity behind me.

So common Blaise: please vote: you'll make Blackmail happy!

The real debate is on if humans are causing the sharp leap in temps or not.
    The subject of this poll is NOT to establish whether AGW is correct or not, but to verify if there is a correlation between Ideology and faith in AGW, at least with the members of typology-c.

As a matter of fact, I just got tired to debate over AGW with people who have no scientific knowledge at all, and are awfully biased. You explain them the same thing over and over again, with details, with dozens of quotes from carefully selected peer-reviewed journals, but yet, either they don't understand a line of those articles (too complex), either they reply with Fox News-like propaganda. Basically you've wasted your time: it's like if we don't speak the same language.

So here, it's a new investigation, a new path. Since most people here don't have a PhD in Climatology, let's try Sociology and Political science instead.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    epic

unbeliever/libertarian/agw likely.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    You see Heart, compared to me, I would have put you into the "Believer/Right/AGW not proven" box.
    You don't know me and I don't know you. Neither of us is qualified to make the kinds of judgements of each other that you routinely make here about people you know to be from the USA. And you add insult to injury by implying that I am lying to you. I believe in socially progressive politics, that's to the left in my country (sorry Blackmail I live in USA) if you want to say I am lying I suppose that's your right, but it makes me just want to stop bothering to try and communicate with you. It's pointless, you already know everything about me because you watched Dallas on TV or something I suppose. Well, Victor's the same but at least he has some charm.

Still, my question is very simple, and very precise.
    You muddy the issue with the "personal" god verses agnostic/pantheist thing. I don't consider myself any of those things.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You don't know me and I don't know you. Neither of us is qualified to make the kinds of judgements of each other that you routinely make here about people you know to be from the USA.
    Comparisons are always relative and hence, subjective. But fortunately, it's not me who will vote for you. I was just teasing you (it's an ENTPish game, don't worry!), but you're free to claim whatever you want about yourself.

Be my guest!

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It's pointless, you already know everything about me because you watched Dallas on TV or something I suppose.
    Actually, I've done better: I've lived more than an entire year in the US, not counting the occasional trips I make there almost every year: I've travelled in your continent from north to the south, from the east to the west, in almost every state you have heard of. I've been in NYC, Boston, Philadephia, Washington, Richmond, Colombus, Atlanta, Savannah, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, Mobile, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Santa Fe, Denver, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Bismarck, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, and many, many others. As a matter of fact, I think I've been in the US far more often than I've been in GB.

Of course, I have to admit my vision is biased, since the only cities I can say I know well are Manhattan and New Haven (Conn).

Well, Victor's the same but at least he has some charm.
    Well, I feel flattered to be compared with Victor, at least.
    You're right: he has some charm.

You muddy the issue with the "personal" god verses agnostic/pantheist thing. I don't consider myself any of those things.
    I think you've perfectly understood the spirit of this poll, and that you are contrary just for the sake of it. But that is your concern.
    (and that is part of your charm too)

7w8 SCUxI

Oberon

I predict the poll will show that the question of climate change is divided along the lines of political ideology, with the left-leaners in favor and the right-wingers opposed. Every discussion I have ever had on this topic has been highlighted by the righteous indignation of the True Believer.

People have a great tendency take or leave AGW as an article of faith, which is entirely irrelevant to the matter at hand.