User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 38

  1. #1
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default climategate and al gore's silence

    it appears as if nobel prize / oscar winner al gore is mum on the whole climategate scandal. interesting, one would think he would be one of the first to speak out against the allegations of tampering with data to back up his side of the story. i mean, he's got the evidence to support man-made global warming, right? he did make a pretty big deal about it.

    thoughts?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  2. #2
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time. Instead, I'd continue my normal agenda of pressing on with the overwhelming evidence of man made global warming.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #3
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time. Instead, I'd continue my normal agenda of pressing on with the overwhelming evidence of man made global warming.

    The Climategate scandal may be insignificant to the greater discussion over global warming, but it is in no way "bogus."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #4
    Member Illict91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    30

    Default I suppose

    You do have a point.
    He out of all people would be the first to speak out.

    There is evidence that his entire documentary was based upon already discovered details and theories such as the keeling curve or retreating glaciers phenomena.

    His documentary merely integrated all this exisiting information.
    Therefore, he would make no real difference should he decide to argue against the emerging skepticism as these things are under intense scrutiny at the moment.
    ENTJ

    Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi

  5. #5
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time.
    its easy to label something as "insignificant and bogus" when one has spent so much time invested in pushing this agenda.

    but al gore is the highest profile advocate for man-made global warming, and top scientists lying and suppressing others' research if it does not fit the mold is not insignificant. if its so bogus, and i was in his position, i would have gotten in front of cameras months ago, calculated and calm because there is nothing to hide. right?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  6. #6
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    You better be careful what you say... he did invent the internet, he might be tracking what you say!

  7. #7
    Member peterk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Al Gore is to busy with his Yacht, Jet Plane, Mansion and other big ticket items that pollute like hell to grace us with his monologues. In a couple of generations the oil is going to be gone, so why does global warming make any difference?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    it appears as if nobel prize / oscar winner al gore is mum on the whole climategate scandal. interesting, one would think he would be one of the first to speak out against the allegations of tampering with data to back up his side of the story. i mean, he's got the evidence to support man-made global warming, right? he did make a pretty big deal about it.

    thoughts?
    I really do wonder what INTP Gorebot actually thinks. Not what he claims to think, but what he actually does thinks or believe on this subject...

  9. #9
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You better be careful what you say... he did invent the internet, he might be tracking what you say!
    exactly. and now that i think of it, maybe my tin foil hat isn't blocking everything. desperate measure must be taken...
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    In a couple of generations the oil is going to be gone, so why does global warming make any difference?
    Because global warming could potentially make the planet uninhabitable for human life, but we can find ways to live without oil

Similar Threads

  1. Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul Typing
    By yeghor in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
  2. Al Gore
    By trancemode in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
  3. Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, and How Government Always Wins The War on Terror
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM
  4. Al Gore's type
    By developer in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO