User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    STFU

Default climategate and al gore's silence

it appears as if nobel prize / oscar winner al gore is mum on the whole climategate scandal. interesting, one would think he would be one of the first to speak out against the allegations of tampering with data to back up his side of the story. i mean, he's got the evidence to support man-made global warming, right? he did make a pretty big deal about it.

thoughts?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time. Instead, I'd continue my normal agenda of pressing on with the overwhelming evidence of man made global warming.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time. Instead, I'd continue my normal agenda of pressing on with the overwhelming evidence of man made global warming.

The Climategate scandal may be insignificant to the greater discussion over global warming, but it is in no way "bogus."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

Default I suppose

You do have a point.
    He out of all people would be the first to speak out.

There is evidence that his entire documentary was based upon already discovered details and theories such as the keeling curve or retreating glaciers phenomena.

His documentary merely integrated all this exisiting information.
    Therefore, he would make no real difference should he decide to argue against the emerging skepticism as these things are under intense scrutiny at the moment.
    ENTJ

Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If I were in his position I'd consider the "climategate" too insignificant and bogus to deserve the attention it has received, and wouldn't even bother gracing it with more time.
    its easy to label something as "insignificant and bogus" when one has spent so much time invested in pushing this agenda.

but al gore is the highest profile advocate for man-made global warming, and top scientists lying and suppressing others' research if it does not fit the mold is not insignificant. if its so bogus, and i was in his position, i would have gotten in front of cameras months ago, calculated and calm because there is nothing to hide. right?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You better be careful what you say... he did invent the internet, he might be tracking what you say!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Al Gore is to busy with his Yacht, Jet Plane, Mansion and other big ticket items that pollute like hell to grace us with his monologues. In a couple of generations the oil is going to be gone, so why does global warming make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    it appears as if nobel prize / oscar winner al gore is mum on the whole climategate scandal. interesting, one would think he would be one of the first to speak out against the allegations of tampering with data to back up his side of the story. i mean, he's got the evidence to support man-made global warming, right? he did make a pretty big deal about it.

thoughts?
    I really do wonder what INTP Gorebot actually thinks. Not what he claims to think, but what he actually does thinks or believe on this subject...

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You better be careful what you say... he did invent the internet, he might be tracking what you say!
    exactly. and now that i think of it, maybe my tin foil hat isn't blocking everything. desperate measure must be taken...
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    In a couple of generations the oil is going to be gone, so why does global warming make any difference?
    Because global warming could potentially make the planet uninhabitable for human life, but we can find ways to live without oil