User Tag List

First 234

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I didn't ask for your unscientific, subjective opinion.
    But I did not asked you what you believed. Or at least, I've made a poll in another thread that deals with this issue.

I've only considered scientific reviews and publications. And yes 97% of them are in favour of AGW.

The consensus is so incredibly overwhelming I'm wondering how you could have missed it. And it's not "subjective" or "unscientific" to ask you why.

Now, interpret this in any way you want.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I've only considered scientific reviews and publications. And yes 97% of them are in favour of AGW.

The consensus is so incredibly overwhelming I'm wondering how you could have missed it. And it's not "subjective" or "unscientific" to ask you why.

Now, interpret this in any way you want.
    You're talking about published articles?

Yes, of course they almost uniformly support AGW. If you want grant money, you need to toe the party line: …”perhaps a conspiracy is unnecessary where a carrot will suffice”

Are you suggesting that the Roman Catholic Church would ordain and hire Priests who taught that Islam is the one true religion?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    You're talking about published articles?

Yes, of course they almost uniformly support AGW. If you want grant money, you need to toe the party line: …”perhaps a conspiracy is unnecessary where a carrot will suffice”

Are you suggesting that the Roman Catholic Church would ordain and hire Priests who taught that Islam is the one true religion?
    Frankly, if this system was so vastly inefficient and biased, I'm simply wondering why we are making some progress (if any), why Science is not currently declining.

So tell me, what do you observe?

Overall, is it working or not?

---

Let's be realistic, just for the sake of Epistemology!

Because if you are correct, then I think it would be better to fire all those Scientists at once. Or to raze universities, laboratories and campus.

We should make more progress without those parasites, don't you think so? It's the logical conclusion!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

No matter what you believe and no matter what subject you shouldn't tamper with data to back up your story.

Oh, wait, maybe that's ok in France.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    No matter what you believe and no matter what subject you shouldn't tamper with data to back up your story.
    especially if the present evidence is already so strong and overwhelming. it just makes one side look shady as fuck.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    especially if the present evidence is already so strong and overwhelming. it just makes one side look shady as fuck.

We've made so many threads about that subject, quoted so many scientific papers you would immediately dismiss that frankly, I dont think I would need to waste my time anymore. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

If you are genuinely interested, then you could dig those thread in that very site. You will have to do the work, I'm done. Please act like adults and take your responsibilities.

Because I will not repeat or comment the same thing over and over again, ten times in a row, during the next six months. It's boring.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    STFU

We've made so many threads about that subject, quoted so many scientific papers you would immediately dismiss that frankly, I dont think I would need to waste my time anymore. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

If you are genuinely interested, then you could dig those thread in that very site. You will have to do the work, I'm done. Please act like adults and take your responsibilities.

Because I will not repeat or comment the same thing over and over again, ten times in a row, during the next six months. It's boring.
    which subject? tampering with data or evidence of man-made global warming? because this thread isn't about the data itself. that would belong in another forum.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Oberon

I think the real difficulty here, BM, is that the individuals involved fundamentally don't trust you. Because they don't trust you, they don't trust the sources you cite. Because they don't trust the sources you cite, they're not likely to invest a great deal of time and energy into getting educated by those sources.