User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default F*cked up Stuff Governments Do With Our Tax Dollars

This recent article has inspired me to start a thread of abuses/apparent abuses or ethically dodgy tactics of governments or those who abuse power under the pretext of government interest.

This article was about how the U.S. federal government intentionally poisoned some batches of alcohol during Prohibition.

The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition. - By Deborah Blum - Slate Magazine

Feel free to comment or post on this and other current or historic abuses of power by those who claim to be watching out for our best interests.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I love the USA and its constitution but bad seeds slip in and constant vigilance is necessary to protect the tree of liberty. This includes learning from our history...the good the bad and the ugly so that we may take steps to prevent similar repetitions:

Sand Creek massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESFJ

How about MK ULTRA, the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, interning innocent Japanese-Americans, shooting innocent elderly folks and dogs during drug raids, dropping atomic bombs, and enshrining slavery, Jim Crow, and Exclusion Acts?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Foreign policy lol.

But I'm a nutjob isolationist. What do I know.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

All of you are now on ANOTHER government list.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

^oh yeah.....spying on citizens.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENFJ

Everyone does this, it's just that the US is bad at hiding it...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

In 2001 more than $600,000 in tax money was spent on researching the sex lives of South African ground squirrels.

In 2002 the U.S. government spent $50,000 for a tattoo removal program in San Luis Obispo, California.

In 1997 - $19,600,000 added by the House for the International Fund for Ireland, a program that tries to aid the peace process in Ireland by paying for golf videos, pony trekking centers, and sweater exports.

Pig Book

How do these people sleep? :steam:

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    In 1997 - $19,600,000 added by the House for the International Fund for Ireland, a program that tries to aid the peace process in Ireland by paying for golf videos, pony trekking centers, and sweater exports.:

We totally have been spending too much money invading Afghanistan and Iraq for peace (perpetual war for perpetual peace) when we clearly could totally be using that same money for aiding the peace process with more golf videos.

I happen to be very interested in the sexual habits of squirrels
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”