User Tag List

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default German Bishop got caught drunk driving

So the story sounds rather funny but it's rather sad.

The german protestant Bishop Margot Kmann got caught drunk driving last saturday with like 1.45 per mill.

She had a very moving life, she was chairman of the EKD (protestant church Germany), Bishop and minister of the church of Hannover. She has four children with the Bishop Eckhard Kmann but their marriage got divorced. She suffered from breast cancer that she successfully fought. She has said many true things about our society and is a consequent person in everything she does; so consequent that she laied her chairmanship down and her bishop title after the incident, cause she cant arrange herself with her concience to go on.

This is a very sad story cause she is a great person. What I found totally impressive tho is that none asked her to lay down her duties after that. In what other position would that be possible ?

Here is a memorable statement by her:

There will be no change of things regarding global warming if we continue to have the attitude: devil-may-care ! Nothing is good in Afghanistan aswell. All those strategies have deceived us about the fact that soldiers use weapons and kill civilians aswell in a war. [...] But weapons obviously create no peace in Afghanistan. We need to have a better imagination to find the peace and to find new forms to deal with conflict. [...] No, in fact nothing is good [...] if we consider that the poverty risk for children under 15 years has increased disproportionately in the last few years. [...] Nothing is good if we live in a society in which it is so hard, so embarassing to accept help. It is not good that Robert Enke* was afraid to make his depressions public. [...] Nothing is good if we are ruled continually by a no mercy atmosphere in which everybody has to be strong or die - that is not humane. The sentence "Everything is going to be alright" is a banality [...]
    * Robert Enke was a famous german goalkeeper in soccer, who committed suicide in 2009 throwing himself in front of a train. He suffered from depressions and only his wife and his therapist knew about it, he feared if he would have gone public with it, his career would have ended (what would have been most probably the case)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

It happens to a lot of people.

Alcoholism (?) doesn't discriminate.

Sniffles

I believe Martin Luther got drunk back in the day.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    It happens to a lot of people.

Alcoholism (?) doesn't discriminate.
    True and in that regards I see her like every other person who drives drunk. She posed a great threat to other people with that and considering the fact that hundert thousands die per year drunk driving on the Autobahn, her actions were just relentless.

I like those articles cause it shows me that even intelligent and successful people have issues. I come from a very functioning environment in which generally noone talks about emotions but rather does his job and functions. I like never heard in my life from my Dad for example that he is exhausted or sad he just works like a machine !

I tho am moved by many emotions I cant control and many thoughts combined with a hypersensitivity in my life so far, what I all have to keep on the inside to function in society. Nowadays I have found ways to incorporate my inner world better into the outer one, for example to give people I think that suck a neutral critique wrapped in a nifty statement. Sometimes it takes time to find a good statement but this sort of behaviour so far has helped me the best to vent my own thoughts.

In that regards, I'll always fall for it when I see intelligent people showing human traits
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]