User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh don't worry we'll get to that soon enough as well. But standard procedure demands we first establish this is all the result of racism.
    Well, like many on the Right, I always point out that many of those "progressives" at the forefront of the fight for legal birth control and abortion were virulent racists who wanted to keep the populations of "undesirables" from overbreeding. Unlike those on the Right, though, I am fully in favor of legal birth control and abortions (as long as they are not government-funded).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    IIRC, one of the reasons why black women have a "higher" abortion rate is because many of them get abortions through state and area health departments which are required to release demographic data.

Private doctors and clinics are not required thus skewing the numbers.
    Oh interesting. Good point.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This thread = shit storm in 3 2 1 ....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And the countdown begins to when racism is mentioned.
    Racism.

Now to the article.

I don't have much of an opinion on it. I would imagine Bomberger feels he's doing the right thing. He believes he's contributing to the betterment of our community, helping out. The problem I have, though, with his message is first the way it's executed. I mean, on... billboards?! Is that really the most effective way to ensure our community receives the message? Perhaps, but it can also unfortunately be a way to unintentionally create ignorance about the black community without more information and just a provocative headline. Second, I have a problem with the mere fact that I'm a part of the community he seeks to educate (black, young, Southern, and female) yet I have truly neither heard nor have been made aware of the issue specifically in my own community. Most of my knowledge on the topic comes strictly from the mainstream. Thus, that abortions have affected the black community to such a drastic degree, or as I thought the author of the article implied in his piece, is a bit surprising to me.

I may do more research (if I care enough later) on the matter just for my own sake, but as of now I'm indifferent. I don't see Bomberger's concern as such a pressing matter in comparison to the other more challenging worries we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    IIRC, one of the reasons why black women have a "higher" abortion rate is because many of them get abortions through state and area health departments which are required to release demographic data.

Private doctors and clinics are not required thus skewing the numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think it would be more productive to focus on the reasons many women find abortion to be the best option (poverty, missing/unsuitable father, young age, etc etc) rather than making blanket accusations.
    Good points.

PS - I just love when people comment on an oncoming shit storm before an actual shit storm has even begun to begin. HI-larious.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

If the same number simply weren't conceived in the first place.. would the billboards read the same? Would there even be billboards regarding it? That's what i'm wondering.

Also, the wording is just terrible. It makes it sound like they are being hunted. "Oh, is it black child season already? Where's my tranquilizer and scrapey tool?"

I agree with Randomnity.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Let's face it we can't talk objectively about race in this politically correct country of ours because the minute you say something not sanctioned by the left you are branded a racist by some asshole. Abortion is obscene. We have a culture of death in this country and a holocaust is being perpetrated against the most helpless of us all--the unborn.