User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Default Holland is out of control

Literally... our government fell last weak. The political parties forming our government couldn't come to an agreement about the Dutch military mission in Afghanistan and one party withdrew from the government. That means that our prime minister now failed to finish a full term for the 4th time in a row. Also, we will have new elections, probably somewhere in the summer.

Tell me your stories about living in an anarchy.

(removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Haven't been following that one too closely. But it seems to me that the Dutch party system is pretty fragile and governments change often (though it's probably still better than in Italy).
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Haven't been following that one too closely. But it seems to me that the Dutch party system is pretty fragile and governments change often (though it's probably still better than in Italy).
    Jup, we've got this thing called the 'poldermodel'. It means that political parties talk and talk and talk to try and reach an agreement. If they don't reach that agreement one of the parties can decide to get out of the ruling government and we have new elections.
    (removed)

I've been following this, I like the consensus seeking in the Dutch system, the only one which I think rivals it is the Swiss Canton system. Is there a constitutional authority which governs in the abscence of an administration though? You know the way there's a monarchy in Britain and Spain?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Wow, that's harsh.

You think anyone will colonize?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mister Balkenende's first government lasted only 87 days.. Back then our country was in a far bigger mess than it's now.

A right wing, charismatic leader (Pim Fortuyn) was murdered shortly before the elections. His party still entered the government but there was a big power struggle; the party had attracted rich people from malafide businesses that reportedly even used guns to settle their arguments. That party collapsed in the next elections.

The coming elections may well result in a government with basically the same constitution, but a new right wing party. I predict that government won't last long either and that this new right wing party will collapse aswell.

And then we wait, for a new leader to give a voice to the people's discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Mister Balkenende's first government lasted only 87 days.. Back then our country was in a far bigger mess than it's now.

A right wing, charismatic leader (Pim Fortuyn) was murdered shortly before the elections. His party still entered the government but there was a big power struggle; the party had attracted rich people from malafide businesses that reportedly even used guns to settle their arguments. That party collapsed in the next elections.

The coming elections may well result in a government with basically the same constitution, but a new right wing party. I predict that government won't last long either and that this new right wing party will collapse aswell.

And then we wait, for a new leader to give a voice to the people's discontentment.
    Man your country TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!

the party had attracted rich people from malafide businesses that reportedly even used guns to settle their arguments.

AKA the party attracted some pretty cool supporters!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Literally...
    Thank God for Belgium!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You think anyone will colonize?
    As Holland is descending into chaos, Sharia is just waiting to bring order.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Literally... our government fell last weak. The political parties forming our government couldn't come to an agreement about the Dutch military mission in Afghanistan and one party withdrew from the government. That means that our prime minister now failed to finish a full term for the 4th time in a row. Also, we will have new elections, probably somewhere in the summer.

Tell me your stories about living in an anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As Holland is descending into chaos, Sharia is just waiting to bring order.
    The Dutch government called it a day on several occassions: notably the Hirsi asylum-claim debacle (which Victor is no doubt familiar with) and the Dutchbat mission report into the mass murder at Srebrenica. At the latter, Dutch soldiers very helpfully assisted the Serbs load local Bosniaks into wagons, that took them to their deaths. Numerous Bosnian women were systematically raped.

The graffiti in the Dutch boys' barracks in Srebrenica ("I fucked a Muslim" - accompanied by scribbled picture of a toilet) gives us an insight into the very enlightened mindset of the Dutch tigers at play.

Congratulations on your enlightened approach, Victor. You're a star.