User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dont do shit over there, I am a gladly seen customer in Venlo + big groupie:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnqXQjadYk"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NICE

[YOUTUBE="IRfluaMKoOY"]-.-[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Does amsterdam have a muslim majority yet? Couldn't happen to a nicer city. I don't think America can expect much help from europe. They really hate our guts.

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    They really hate our guts.
    Paranoia is as American as apple pie.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Can you blame us with media crying "The sky is falling!" every ten seconds? A good number of us are not as bad as we are portrayed, just like the rest of the world.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Then it's not very American at all, is it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've been following this, I like the consensus seeking in the Dutch system, the only one which I think rivals it is the Swiss Canton system. Is there a constitutional authority which governs in the abscence of an administration though? You know the way there's a monarchy in Britain and Spain?
    We have a monarchy, but it's really only symbolical. The current government minus the party that quit is currently still doing the day to day running, but they can't make any decisions which are deemed 'controversial' by our so called 2de kamer (congress).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The coming elections may well result in a government with basically the same constitution, but a new right wing party. I predict that government won't last long either and that this new right wing party will collapse aswell.
    Wilders will not have a power struggle in his party since he is technically the only member of it. It's a bit weird but the representatives are chosen on personal name, yet if a party gets a lot of votes that party can choose to let people who got less votes in the congress. So wilders can just kick out any members who he doesn't like, he technically doesn't have to allow them to vote on the parties stances.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Thank God for Belgium!
    Yeah, cause that country sure has it's messes handled right? (I'm thinking arms trade, regular riots, a corrupt prince and a linguistic dispute going on for ages here).

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The Dutch government called it a day on several occassions: notably the Hirsi asylum-claim debacle (which Victor is no doubt familiar with) and the Dutchbat mission report into the mass murder at Srebrenica. At the latter, Dutch soldiers very helpfully assisted the Serbs load local Bosniaks into wagons, that took them to their deaths. Numerous Bosnian women were systematically raped.

The graffiti in the Dutch boys' barracks in Srebrenica ("I fucked a Muslim" - accompanied by scribbled picture of a toilet) gives us an insight into the very enlightened mindset of the Dutch tigers at play.

Congratulations on your enlightened approach, Victor. You're a star.

Regarding the behaviour of our troops I can only direct you to Philip Zimbardo's work. And as for the government falling a lot, it's just part of the Dutch political system. The typical Dutch behaviour is negotiating and trying to reach a consensus. If that can't between the government parties there's not really a reason to uphold the charade and continue malfunctioning.

I personally blame the biggest party, the Christian Democratic Party (CDA in Dutch) for being way to headstrong and uncompromising in this matter. Most people in Holland didn't want our army to go to that silly war in Afghanistan anyway. A political party that doesn't listen to the people is one that should have no place in the government, this is always regardless of international politics.

Either way, we'll be fine, June the 9th we're having elections again. We have excellent systems ensuring a smooth transition until then. I might go as far as saying we're currently better off then with that silly J.P. Balkenende and his Christian friends from the Christian Union (how's that, secularists) making all sorts of utterly conservative and counter productive decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    Does amsterdam have a muslim majority yet? Couldn't happen to a nicer city. I don't think America can expect much help from europe. They really hate our guts.
    No, but Rotterdam is going towards getting a majority of minorities.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Yeah, cause that country sure has it's messes handled right? (I'm thinking arms trade, regular riots, a corrupt prince and a linguistic dispute going on for ages here).
    You seem to have missed my point entirely; "thank God for Belgium" = "Belgium makes Netherlands politics look good in comparison." "Thank God for _" is a common American phrase under such circumstances.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

The "silly war in Afghanistan" is part of Nato's treaty obligations which the majority of europeans obviously don't take seriously. It's a cold shot after we spent all those years stationing troops in europe to protect your asses from the Russians. So much for gratitude. Personally I would like us to withdraw from Nato. The EU would probably have to increase its defense spending substantually. But I don't think the EU has the political will to defend itself. Findlandization by the russians is the probable outcome and the USA would have to intervene again like we did in WWI,WWII, and the cold war.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Most people in Holland didn't want our army to go to that silly war in Afghanistan anyway.
    And all on account of that "silly" 9/11 event and the "silly" sheltering of perpetrators of said event.

If the "people in Holland" are so opposed to fulfilling their obligations under the NATO collective security framework, they should just withdraw from the treaty and stop wasting everyone's time.