User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm sorry? Nothing to do with the lunatic? I'm sorry but you could have a point if I were posting that this is off course a result of radical Marxist agitators or the Amish but suggesting that the general bent of radical libertarian anti-tax has NOTHING to do with this is surely intellectually dishonest.
    Not intellectually dishonest in the least. What exactly sounds "libertarian" about the guy who is quoting Karl Marx and railing against pretty much everyone but himself in this note? You have no basis to lay ANY blame on libertarians, or even tax protesters in this case.

At the very least it furnished a flag of convenience for someone who work out their own modern day angst and alienation. Simple as.
    That is bullshit.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Obama's chum Bill Ayers bombed a bunch of public buildings in the 1960s and 1970s.

We should be able to doublethink him into some sort of tea-bagger as well. Anything goes!

Don't get me wrong-- this Stack guy is more of a loon than anything else. A lot of the arguments above just make as much as sense as Keith Olbermann's drama queen rants. All terrorists are conservatives, so if there is a terrorist, he must be a conservative! Because all conservatives hate Christians, the rich, G.W. Bush, and quote Karl Marx for inspiration. Brilliant reasoning!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Im a Libertarian and am quite sane. I think on the political compass it doesnt matter - only if you are crazysauce or not.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am no fan of the IRS, and I believe the federal income tax should be abolished immediately. You still don't fly a fucking plane into an IRS building because you hate them.
    yeah, but i mean, if someone is treated so unfairly that its like a case of living a life not worth living, then i kinda understand. this case doesn't seem like that though...

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    Basically it boils down to this per his letter:

He states that in 80's he tried to use the tax code for "exemptions" that make "vulgar, corrupt" religious organizations such as the Catholic Church so wealthy. He made all his actions visible and transparent in order to effectively protest the way the tax code was written. The reason for this form of protest is he felt that organized religion made a mockery of people that earned an honest living. This in turn apparently got him in hot water with the IRS - and cost him 40K+ and his retirement. He then states he realizes that the country has two sets of laws, those for the very rich and those for the rest of us.

He went on to become an independent contractor and how "sleazy executives" of Arthur Andersen and a "sleazy" New York senator (who was a democrat) saw the passage of the 1986 tax reform act. The verbiage in this bill made exceptions to contract workers in fields such as he was in - therefore nothing had changed when it came to taxes and him.

He attempted in vain to write, visit and communicate with his elected officials with no action - and became even more infuriated with "our leaders".

He decided then to move from California to Texas for a change (Perhaps because Texas has no state tax?). He became even further infuriated by the government bailouts of the airlines after 911.

He then states after moving to Texas that he was involved "with a new marriage and a boatload of undocumented income, not to mention an expensive new business asset, a piano, which I had no idea how to handle". Which in turn to me he again avoided paying taxes or was getting "creative" financially. Apparently he was busted again.

He goes on about how the government sucks etc etc and how "Big Brother" is out to get him.

He made the decision to not participate anymore and the jerk decided to try to take as many as he could at the IRS with him by flying a plane into a building.

That's about it.
    i mean, if this guy had it in for the catholic church bc of some injustice done to him, he could have just targeted whoever did that injustice to him directly... i.e. some priest that molested him. but to target some federal tax people he probably never met seems kinda loony given the worse case scenario described in this letter... if he was so mad at some senator and arthur anderson exec, i mean, wouldn't some website showing the tax evasions on some website mailed to the perpetrator's family and friends sufficed? there's a lot of injustices in the world, but this guy just seems like he's on the lowest totem pole of complaints. come on man... what a spoiled whiner

That is bullshit.
    And that's the last I'll ever hear from you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I wonder why anybody cares what political ideology this guy had.

One liberal loon doesn't invalidate liberalism.

One conservative loon doesn't invalidate conservatism.

Why do you guys care to defend yourselves and your ideologies against this guy? Even if we can classify his political beliefs perfectly, it doesn't say anything about other people who share them, so who gives a shit?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

This guy is the Eric Harris of tax activists. Those mean tax jocks called him traitor
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I wonder why anybody cares what political ideology this guy had.

One liberal loon doesn't invalidate liberalism.

One conservative loon doesn't invalidate conservatism.

Why do you guys care to defend yourselves and your ideologies against this guy? Even if we can classify his political beliefs perfectly, it doesn't say anything about other people who share them, so who gives a shit?
    Because it's unfair to attribute political beliefs to someone who hasn't shown them at all. They were smearing Tea Partiers with the actions of someone who wasn't even part of their ranks, as far as we know. That is the tactic of the ethically and ideologically bankrupt.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Because it's unfair to attribute political beliefs to someone who hasn't shown them at all. They were smearing Tea Partiers with the actions of someone who wasn't even part of their ranks, as far as we know. That is the tactic of the ethically and ideologically bankrupt.
    This is absolutely true, and I got really irritated when I saw people attempting to smear something they personally don't like with this jerkface.

Ticked me off.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Do not mess with the IRS. They are not amused by your cleverness.