First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You know, you'd think people would have figured that out, but noooo...
    Right!?!

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It is quite disgusting and shameful? Rly? You can't be fucking serious. You're so blinded by ideology that you don't realize that insulting a movement like tea bagging isn't a personal attack on you, nor is it a smear on innocent people who would never commit violence. You can't really believe that ALL Tea Partiers are sane, credible people. That's freakin' wacko, Merc. That's like me saying that all the people who voted for Hillary Clinton are sane, credible people who believe exactly as I do.

It is disgusting and shameful. This guy wasn't a Tea Partier! Do you not understand that you are smearing these people with the actions of a guy who by all accounts wasn't a part of their movement? Are you out of your mind?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    If we learned nothing else from the 2000s, we should remember YOU DO NOT FLY PLANES INTO BUILDINGS BECAUSE YOU ARE PISSED OFF.
    Pretty much.

I think people need to learn what a martyr is. Joan of Arc is a martyr. Martin Luther King Jr is a martyr. This guy didn't get killed for his beliefs; he flew a plane into a building where people were working because he was frustrated and couldn't think of a better option.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont believe I could ever, EVER be that aggrieved with my taxes to do something like this, US anti-taxers need to think about the frankenstein's monster they're creating.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont believe I could ever, EVER be that aggrieved with my taxes to do something like this, US anti-taxers need to think about the frankenstein's monster they're creating.
    Again, blaming people who had nothing to do with the act of one lunatic. Not cool.

MBTI
    enfp

what did the IRS do to him exactly? where's the details?

i mean, if some dood from the IRS said " Im gonna have sex with your wife, and if you don't let me, im gonna tax you double what you make now" and there was nothing he could do about it, then i'd kinda understand why he did that lol

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    what did the IRS do to him exactly? where's the details?

i mean, if some dood from the IRS said " Im gonna have sex with your wife, and if you don't let me, im gonna tax you double what you make now" and there was nothing he could do about it, then i'd kinda understand why he did that lol

I am no fan of the IRS, and I believe the federal income tax should be abolished immediately. You still don't fly a fucking plane into an IRS building because you hate them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Basically it boils down to this per his letter:

He states that in 80's he tried to use the tax code for "exemptions" that make "vulgar, corrupt" religious organizations such as the Catholic Church so wealthy. He made all his actions visible and transparent in order to effectively protest the way the tax code was written. The reason for this form of protest is he felt that organized religion made a mockery of people that earned an honest living. This in turn apparently got him in hot water with the IRS - and cost him 40K+ and his retirement. He then states he realizes that the country has two sets of laws, those for the very rich and those for the rest of us.

He went on to become an independent contractor and how "sleazy executives" of Arthur Andersen and a "sleazy" New York senator (who was a democrat) saw the passage of the 1986 tax reform act. The verbiage in this bill made exceptions to contract workers in fields such as he was in - therefore nothing had changed when it came to taxes and him.

He attempted in vain to write, visit and communicate with his elected officials with no action - and became even more infuriated with "our leaders".

He decided then to move from California to Texas for a change (Perhaps because Texas has no state tax?). He became even further infuriated by the government bailouts of the airlines after 911.

He then states after moving to Texas that he was involved "with a new marriage and a boatload of undocumented income, not to mention an expensive new business asset, a piano, which I had no idea how to handle". Which in turn to me he again avoided paying taxes or was getting "creative" financially. Apparently he was busted again.

He goes on about how the government sucks etc etc and how "Big Brother" is out to get him.

He made the decision to not participate anymore and the jerk decided to try to take as many as he could at the IRS with him by flying a plane into a building.

That's about it.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Again, blaming people who had nothing to do with the act of one lunatic. Not cool.
    I'm sorry? Nothing to do with the lunatic? I'm sorry but you could have a point if I were posting that this is off course a result of radical Marxist agitators or the Amish but suggesting that the general bent of radical libertarian anti-tax has NOTHING to do with this is surely intellectually dishonest.

At the very least it furnished a flag of convenience for someone who work out their own modern day angst and alienation. Simple as.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm sorry? Nothing to do with the lunatic? I'm sorry but you could have a point if I were posting that this is off course a result of radical Marxist agitators or the Amish but suggesting that the general bent of radical libertarian anti-tax has NOTHING to do with this is surely intellectually dishonest.

At the very least it furnished a flag of convenience for someone who work out their own modern day angst and alienation. Simple as.
    Lark, you seem to have a very twisted sense of cause, effect, and wherein the blame lies.