123 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Thumbs down Save your Apologies, Tiger. RaWR.

Tiger Woods to speak publicly Friday - News - FOX Sports on MSN

I am personally sick of hearing politicians' and religious leaders' and stars' apologies to me because they have erred in their ways. wtf? It implies not only that I care how they conduct their personal life, which I do not, and should not; but it also implies that they think people care and should care about what they do on a personal level, a kind of extreme egoticism, if you will; as if they should be held to a higher standard than others.

I can buy that it's media driven and that they would use it to promote themselves. Again, extreme egoticism. But for realz? Nah, I'd be like, "Fuck off, World, if you think I'm going to aplogize to you." When did this fad start? I wish it would end already.

How about you?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP

It's good for business.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Maybe they are sick of getting hate mail from dumb people who care about celebrities' lives or of their face being all over the place for all the wrong reasons and just want to dismantle the whole bomb.

MBTI
    INTx

If nobody cared it wouldn't be news. A lot of people are interested in what celebrities do.

I'm not one of them.

The only person who deserves an apology is his wife.

I wish the whole celebrity culture would end.

I dont believe that it doesnt matter how people behave when they are cultural icons or make a living through a variety of self-promotion, that can really matter. Impressionable minds will take that as an example to follow, hence, at least in theory, the reason for public acts of contrition.

Its a pain, perhaps there would be less of it if people didnt demand with their money to know.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Tiger Woods to speak publicly Friday - News - FOX Sports on MSN

I am personally sick of hearing politicians' and religious leaders' and stars' apologies to me because they have erred in their ways. wtf? It implies not only that I care how they conduct their personal life, which I do not, and should not; but it also implies that they think people care and should care about what they do on a personal level, a kind of extreme egoticism, if you will; as if they should be held to a higher standard than others.

I can buy that it's media driven and that they would use it to promote themselves. Again, extreme egoticism. But for realz? Nah, I'd be like, "Fuck off, World, if you think I'm going to aplogize to you." When did this fad start? I wish it would end already.

How about you?
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ I dont follow celebrities and feel the same way as you. They are people, I realize they are roles models, but they are role models for what they do good, not their entire life, leave their life out of it and focus on what it is they are good at which is why they are a role model.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think Tiger has lost an enormous amount of money on all this related to endorsement deals. I suspect it is where he gets the vast majority of his income. So - yes- it's good for business.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

It's ridiculous, but you just know that there are millions of people who just love to get together and discuss this sort of thing. People under the spotlight are forced to play this game or loose everything they've gained. It's probably best to ignore the entire thing and leave most people to their games.
    5 3 9

Ginkgo

I think most celebrities are just insane people who we idolize because we wish we could be that insane. Alas, insanity is only exonerated when you earn as much as they do for being insane. So, we aspire to be unhealthily wealthy and powerful, and in the process we mask our deficiencies with material.

This is why celebrities apologize. The world has them in a tube; and if they don't get some penance then the world changes the channel. So, once our idol gains some self-respect, we dump him because we don't respect ourselves. Who would idolize a self-respecter? I would. But if I had any self-respect, I wouldn't idolize anyone in the first place.