User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Oh, I think Tiger would/could still have an amazing career without a public apology. It's his job as husband and father to keep the media at bay, and keep boundaries intact, regardless of money. Just because he has little privacy as a celebrity, doesn't mean he has to be a victim to that, or fuel it.

Besides, like Halla said, all he should apologize to is his wife anyway, if even that. Who says fucking groupies is so wrong? Our country is a bunch of righteous bigots.
    He did what he wanted to do. It's his business.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Really isn't a way around that, short of disappearing, which hurts him athletically and economically.
    I doubt money has ceased to be an object at this point in his career. The guy's made MAAAD money from endorsements. But then again, people do always want moar....

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Nobody really doubts that, but it really does make it is easier for him if he gets it out of the way in one shot. He will be asked these questions, he will face scrutiny, it is an inevitability for someone of his international appeal, so it is better to face it all on his own terms.

Regardless of whether one feels like they shouldn't have to play into the paparazzi and media game, the fact of the matter is that the media forces you to play it. Really isn't a way around that, short of disappearing, which hurts him athletically and economically.
    It just etches it into people's memories more, the longer he drags this stuff out. Hell, if it weren't for all this new news about a public apology, it would already be out of most people's heads, and we'd be on to something else, and it's only been a couple months........This just rehashes it all. He could have said nothing and they would quit hounding him. There is no fun news in someone saying, "no comment," only in giving juicy and innapropriate apologies.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    He did what he wanted to do. It's his business.

Haha. That's just it though! He's making it our business and I don't WANT to know about it. Not only that, but who knows how much pressure he is under by various groups. Maybe he's not really doing what he wants to do, but is confused by the buzz that surrounds his life. I'd imagine it can get pretty complicated being so much in the limelight.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP

It implies not only that I care how they conduct their personal life, which I do not
    I think you care a little too much.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I think you care a little too much.
    oh, eff off.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It just etches it into people's memories more, the longer he drags this stuff out. Hell, if it weren't for all this new news about a public apology, it would already be out of most people's heads, and we'd be on to something else, and it's only been a couple months........This just rehashes it all. He could have said nothing and they would quit hounding him. There is no fun news in someone saying, "no comment," only in giving juicy and innapropriate apologies.
    Well, personally I think he waited so long to make an appearance so his face could properly heal, hiding the fact that Elin beat the shit out of him

But whenever he returned to the public light at his next golf tournament, he would have been asked. The public would have immediately been reminded. Unfortunately, most of the public are enthralled by scandals such as this, which is why the media pays so much attention. If no one clicked on the story, the media wouldn't care either. I don't really fault the media for making these stories available and pursuing them, because they're just meeting consumer demand.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Tiger Woods to speak publicly Friday - News - FOX Sports on MSN

I am personally sick of hearing politicians' and religious leaders' and stars' apologies to me because they have erred in their ways. wtf? It implies not only that I care how they conduct their personal life, which I do not, and should not; but it also implies that they think people care and should care about what they do on a personal level, a kind of extreme egoticism, if you will; as if they should be held to a higher standard than others.

I can buy that it's media driven and that they would use it to promote themselves. Again, extreme egoticism. But for realz? Nah, I'd be like, "Fuck off, World, if you think I'm going to aplogize to you." When did this fad start? I wish it would end already.

How about you?
    I agree. It is stupid and pointless. He should apologize to his family, and amend his ways as he sees fit and cut the crap.

MBTI
    INTJ

You are exactly right in this post. Tiger was out of people's minds and it was on to the next one. That's why they say time heals all wounds.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, personally I think he waited so long to make an appearance so his face could properly heal, hiding the fact that Elin beat the shit out of him

But whenever he returned to the public light at his next golf tournament, he would have been asked. The public would have immediately been reminded. Unfortunately, most of the public are enthralled by scandals such as this, which is why the media pays so much attention. If no one clicked on the story, the media wouldn't care either. I don't really fault the media for making these stories available and pursuing them, because they're just meeting consumer demand.

I wonder if he'll ever be the same athletically after this? I guess he won't have to worry about people protesting and yelling at him while he's playing. It's not like the crowd can say anything during a golf game. They'd get poked with the sharp end of an umbrella if they cough.