User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

He's a man first. No one in their real mind really expected him to keep his nerdy dick in his pants when all that hot tail is on the prowl? I'm not surprised, and at this point, his apology would be ineffective.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    This is why celebrities apologize. The world has them in a tube; and if they don't get some penance then the world changes the channel. So, once our idol gains some self-respect, we dump him because we don't respect ourselves. Who would idolize a self-respecter? I would. But if I had any self-respect, I wouldn't idolize anyone in the first place.
    But by this, er, logic, he shouldn't apologize then, so that the masses continue to idolize him.

Funny how the money and corps control everything (going with the business angle), even when it comes to celebrity mores, which in itself sounds like an oxymoron--in every which way. Corrupt business telling corrupt celebrity to apologize to pathetic masses. It's just too gross.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    He's a man first. No one in their real mind really expected him to keep his nerdy dick in his pants when all that hot tail is on the prowl?
    Translation: YOU can't be counted upon to remain faithful, and project that characteristic onto other men.

As for Tiger, I couldn't care less; I ain't his wife or kids. I suppose some parents who actually used him as a role-model for children might be upset enough to want an apology, but it still doesn't mean anything at this point.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Translation: YOU can't be counted upon to remain faithful, and project that characteristic onto other men.

As for Tiger, I couldn't care less; I ain't his wife or kids. I suppose some parents who actually used him as a role-model for children might be upset enough to want an apology, but it still doesn't mean anything at this point.

Wrong. That means he's a human being first, so people shouldn't look to him to be above reproach in line with all of that temptation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    How about you?
    It's a sign that the nation is totally screwed up with needless political correctness. It's the same disease that causes people of the government and business folk alike to speak in vague legalese, using entire pages of text to say nothing. It sickens me. I want to vomit everytime I hear it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Private life should stay private. Even with celebrities or politicians, it's none of our business.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Private life should stay private. Even with celebrities or politicians, it's none of our business.
    They marketed this guy as wholesome American Pie. So he was paid for that image. So I understand why he is suffering.

MBTI
    INTP

Wrong. That means he's a human being first, so people shouldn't look to him to be above reproach in line with all of that temptation.
    Humanity combined with money and fame is not an excuse for infidelity (especially not serial infidelity). That doesn't make him Hitler, but it does make him a man who repeatedly betrayed his wife and kids, apparently with multiple women. No one is advocating he wear a Scarlet Letter, but a little bit of negative social sanction is not uncalled for.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

They marketed this guy as wholesome American Pie. So he was paid for that image. So I understand why he is suffering.
    hee hee, yeah, he took the money and played the part... so now he has to do the dance.

But really, like others have said, I don't want to be privy to anyone's personal life and I certainly don't need this on the evening news. This is why I don't turn the tv on anymore.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

My favorite part about his apology was the Stare of Death Kim Jong-Il was giving him the whole time.