User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 117

  1. #81
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Jeffster, remember your comments in other threads about how you claim to "just read what is there" and how people shouldn't read into things? How we should take people at face value? And how frustrated you were if people "read things into your comments you didn't think/feel"?

    I didn't feel any condescension when I wrote it.
    The word "dear" was actually good-natured; I guess the tone was lost in written text.
    I hope this clarifies what I meant.

    In any case, I was surprised to see this comment from you, so far was it from my original intent. Apparently you are reading a lot into my comments.

    Which leads me to say:
    1. Either you've inappropriately castigated me and you should correct that; or
    2. Your general ideas and argument about "not reading into things" and complaining when people misread you are entirely unrealistic and you need to rethink THAT whole argument of yours...

    For the record, I never ever thought someone should "get back to their cave" nor anything similar.
    Perhaps I used the wrong word, maybe it was more assumptive than condescending. I don't think I read anything into the tone itself, but the words themselves to me indicated you were claiming superior knowledge of the subject. If I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry. I tend to be a little knee-jerk when it comes to politics because I hear so much garbage spewed by people on these subjects that I'm probably too sensitive when it comes to nitpicking people's words. Sorry if I overreacted.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  2. #82
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHeart View Post
    P.S. Had I clicked on the original link, I wouldn't have bothered posting on this thread: Daily Kos is an open, festering sewer of "extreme Democratic ideology"; I think the chance is just about zero that any view of Republicans, no matter how polled by whom, put forth there is anywhere near accurate: pollsters now how to please their customers. (But I distrust polls in general.)
    it's hard to tell anything nowadays, honestly.

    The Internet and various media outlets have moved information from a few tightly controlled sources to a continual spew from a variety of origins. It's hard to judge veracity without a lot of cross-referencing. It's no wonder we've moved to a "sound-bite ideology," but that only seems to compound the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHeart View Post
    Ho-kay. If all y'all say so.
    It's just my opinion.

    If you believe differently, feel free to challenge the point.

    You never explained why your view was best, you just insinuated (tongue in cheek, I guess) that because of the backlash against dems recently, Sim's entire point must be wrong.

    That sort of argument statement has a lot of holes in it -- one of them being the "equilibrium" pattern I mentioned above.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #83
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I'm tempted to ask that I be banned from the politics forum just because it never seems to do anything but rile me up when I read these threads.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  4. #84
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm tempted to ask that I be banned from the politics forum just because it never seems to do anything but rile me up when I read these threads.
    You should calm yourself down by watching some soothing Keith Olbermann commentaries.

  5. #85
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Enjoy a cup of delicious chamomile tea and read some nonpolitical nonsense poems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm tempted to ask that I be banned from the politics forum just because it never seems to do anything but rile me up when I read these threads.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  6. #86
    Senior Member ubiquitous1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    172

    Default

    The reality of the governor races in Virginia and New Jersey coupled with the loss of Senator Ted Kennedys seat does not gel with this poll.

    If this poll were an actual reflection of the mindset of the Republican Party, then wouldnt the candidates they supported in Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts have reflected this mentality? Or possibly the mindset implied by this poll is not the true mindset of the party.

    The Democrat Party needs on focus on why they lost these races, instead of pacifying themselves with bogus polls. If the Democrat party cannot put up candidates that can beat candidates supported by the Christian Coalition, the Birhters and the Tea Baggers, then the Democrat party is in way worse shape than the Republican Party.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHeart View Post
    Because you say so? Um... okay.

    P.S. Had I clicked on the original link, I wouldn't have bothered posting on this thread: Daily Kos is an open, festering sewer of "extreme Democratic ideology"; I think the chance is just about zero that any view of Republicans, no matter how polled by whom, put forth there is anywhere near accurate: pollsters now how to please their customers. (But I distrust polls in general.)

    P.P.S. I am not a Republican.
    I never clicked on the link, but I don't doubt the results of the poll. I know far too many extremist Republicans, some of them in my own family.

    Your party, as it relates to my response, is irrelevant. You were assuming a position whether or not you truly believed in it. The possibility that you were playing devil's advocate does not change that fact.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #88
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Yay. This thread makes me happy.
    It's good to see that people in the U.S are waking up a bit. Republicanism used to be really cool.
    In 1776!

    Like it used to be revolutionary then, the U.S needs to be revolutionary now.

    I think President Obama has done a few good things, and he wants to do more.
    I hope he doesn't gets stonewalled when it comes to the House of Representatives and the Senate approving his stuff.

    All these pro-life people, "intelligent design" people/crationists, stupid republicans...
    Well, they kinda make me want dictatorship for a while, so that we can put them in camps and reprogram them into functioning individuals.

    I wonder if they write out prescriptions for being republican? Not that your healthcare system is very cool, currently...

    Take this with a grain of salt =P

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  9. #89
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What is being discussed in this thread is longer-term movement.
    What longer-term movement indicates a Democratic party consisting of a majority of people who believe or are "not sure" whether Bush was behind 9/11 is in any better shape than the Republicans regarding robust intellectual theorizing?

  10. #90
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    What longer-term movement indicates a Democratic party consisting of a majority of people who believe or are "not sure" whether Bush was behind 9/11 is in any better shape than the Republicans regarding robust intellectual theorizing?
    That's actually not what that poll asked.

    According to Rasmussen Reports, respondents were asked, "Did Bush know about the 9/11 attacks in advance?" Twenty-two percent replied that he did, 55 percent that he did not, and 22 percent were not sure. According to the poll: "Thirty-five percent of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure. Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, say the President did not know in advance about the attacks. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 18% believe the President knew and 57% take the opposite view."
    It asked if Bush knew of the attacks, not if he was actually behind them. It's also a right-wing Rasmussen poll.

    Republicans are just retarded, all on their own.

Similar Threads

  1. Over half of psychology studies fail reproducibility test
    By Vasilisa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 01:50 AM
  2. Poll: Nearly Half of Republicans Say Trump is Hurting GOP's Image
    By Hard in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 12:47 PM
  3. if you were born in 1982, 1983 or 1984...
    By miss fortune in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
  4. Most Republicans not sure/doubt Obama was born in US
    By ajblaise in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO