User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

why is it I feel compelled to point out that results can be interpreted how you like with most stats thanks to margins of error and to always look at the politics of the source that you are citing?

I'm ashamed to point that out, since I have spent most of my life defending liberals and liberal ideals thanks to being a lefty in a severely rightwing district... but my stats education got the best of me...

of course, this isn't saying that results aren't appalling as they are, I'm just suggesting that not all republicans are probably that crazy- I know a lot of Reps, so I'm fairly sure
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Well sure, a significant portion answered each question the reasonable way. Not all Republicans are crazy; this is just meant to show that their base is shrinking and the more moderate ones are leaving, so the crazies represent a larger proportion than they did before.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

The methodology for question-asking side of this poll was fairly flawed, but the people who still self-identify as Republicans have gotten more socially conservative and dumber in the past ten years, no question.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

true, though I must point out that you have the luxury of living in a district more democratic than that in which I was raised (last I knew mine was the second most republican district in the country )...

I'm quite glad that the old school ones are dying out though- good riddance to the ditto-heads

of course, another concern is that the tea party movement claims not to have political party affiliations *shudders* I'd hate to have some of them claiming to be independants and throwing things off, though it wouldn't shock me in the least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    42% is less than a majority. What's your point?
    My point was, that since 42% of the participants are from the south, that the results could be skewed by Southern culture. I cannot find any source to verify that 42% of registered Republicans live in these Southern states. I did, however, look at the percentage of republican votes garnered through the south by McCain, which was ~ 35% and Bush (04) ~ 30%. That is almost a 10% weight given to the southerners in this poll.
    Additionally, there are other sources of contamination in this poll.

• The poll was commissioned by a biased source. I would view a poll from a Republican propaganda site with the same skepticism. Would you take a poll commissioned by Rush Limbaugh with the same spoonful of sugar?
    • The participants who took part in the poll, were they from predominantly rural communities, like Forsyth Ga? It would be easy to skew the results if the majority of participants were chosen from rural area codes.

I did not realize that you wanted to support your simulated world with this poll. Carry on.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

For what it's worth, I've seen other polls give roughly the same results.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So there's only one "reasonable" answer to questions and everybody who disagrees with you is "crazy?" I see.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    true, though I must point out that you have the luxury of living in a district more democratic than that in which I was raised (last I knew mine was the second most republican district in the country )...

I'm quite glad that the old school ones are dying out though- good riddance to the ditto-heads

of course, another concern is that the tea party movement claims not to have political party affiliations *shudders* I'd hate to have some of them claiming to be independants and throwing things off, though it wouldn't shock me in the least
    Why would it be "claiming" to be independents, if they really aren't members of the GOP?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So there's only one "reasonable" answer to questions and everybody who disagrees with you is "crazy?" I see.
    Well, when it comes to certain (factual) things, yes.

You know how sometimes people check for brain function and other things by asking "How many fingers am I holding up?", "What year is it?", "Who is currently the president of the United States?", "What is 2+2?", etc.

There are certainly "creative" answers to these questions, but if people were answering them based on the conventional meanings of the questions and gave non-factual answers, you could assume a break with reality.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It's the same crowd that keeps trying central planning and apologetic foreign policy after nearly a century of contrary evidence. Just walk away.

To the OP: more than a third of polled Democrats could qualify as Truthers (note which poll this survey was in response to). How well-adjusted!