User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's actually not what that poll asked.
    All right, change it to "complicit in" then, its still far more paranoid and retarded than the (admittedly retarded) "birther" movement.

And in which universe is a respected polling company whose procedural veracity has been supported on numerous occasions less reliable than a Daily Kos poll?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    All right, change it to "complicit in" then, its still far more paranoid and retarded than the (admittedly retarded) "birther" movement.

And in which universe is a respected polling company whose procedural veracity has been supported on numerous occasions less reliable than a Daily Kos poll?
    "Complicit" still doesn't work. You can know about something, but not be directly involved or participating in it. And that's what complicit means.

Bush did sit still and read "My Pet Goat" for 8 minutes after he "first" heard about it. So you can see where some of the questioning comes from.

MBTI
    INTP

"Complicit" still doesn't work. You can know about something, but not be directly involved or participating in it. And that's what complicit means.
    You're wrong:

Complicity Law & Legal Definition

Even in terms of common usage, it is generally understood that the word "complicit" (as opposed to "conspiring") is appropriate in this context.

As for reading that book for eight minutes, most people would assume that to be a combination of shock, the need to wait for further information to come forth, and a commendable desire not to traumatize and/or disappoint the children in the classroom. The same people who would think that reading the book to schoolchildren for ten minutes is somehow indicative of complicity would probably also choose to interpret a failure to do so as indicative of callousness toward schoolchildren.

Incidentally, your attempt to dance around and divert attention from my overall point is transparent.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

You're wrong:

Complicity Law & Legal Definition

Even in terms of common usage, it is generally understood that the word "complicit" (as opposed to "conspiring") is appropriate in this context.

As for reading that book for eight minutes, most people would assume that to be a combination of shock, the need to wait for further information to come forth, and a commendable desire not to traumatize and/or disappoint the children in the classroom. The same people who would think that reading the book to schoolchildren for ten minutes is somehow indicative of complicity would probably also choose to interpret a failure to do so as indicative of callousness toward schoolchildren.

Incidentally, your attempt to dance around and divert attention from my overall point is transparent.
    Well they did get the "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S." memo. And that's just what we know about.

How specific would the pre-knowledge have to be about the attack for it to count as "them knowing it would/could happen"?

MBTI
    INTP

Well they did get the "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S." memo. And that's just what we know about.

How specific would the pre-knowledge have to be about the attack for it to count as "them knowing it would/could happen"?
    Something beyond a generalized "this dude who has attacked us before really really wants to attack us again in some fashion" would be a good start. Actually knowing that they were targeting the WTC with airplanes would be even better, which is clearly what that question implied.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Something beyond a generalized "this dude who has attacked us before really really wants to attack us again in some fashion" would be a good start. Actually knowing that they were targeting the WTC with airplanes would be even better, which is clearly what that question implied.
    I think most reasonable people would be open to the possibility that the Bush administration was somehow involved. It wouldn't be the first time a leader used this method to instill fear in his own people. What is unreasonable is to think that this couldn't happen in the US, that the US is somehow different than all of the other nations in human history, especially given the Bush family history (Prescott was a war profiteer, in bed with the Nazis).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think most reasonable people would be open to the possibility that the Bush administration was somehow involved.
    Just like the "birthers" are open to the possibility that Obama somehow faked his birth certificate, despite all evidence and common sense to the contrary?

Reasonable people do not translate being theoretically open to an outlandish but not entirely inconceivable possibility with being either somewhat certain or "unsure" whether or not Bush was complicit in 9/11 or whether Obama faked his birth certificate.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    42% of the research participants are from the South, do you think that may have contributed to some of the findings?
    And yet they used to be Democrats in the South.
    One day reaction changed side.
    The John Kennedy syndrome.
    A post-trauma that ensued after the sad history of the Magic bullet and the stolen brain.
    The vicissitude of mass escape. An Exodus no less.
    Mission completed by Ronnie. Moshe II.
    The Dream Boy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think its polls like those that give America its stereotype in Europe of being stupid.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am not even sure where I was born (I was too young at the time )how am I supposed to know where Obama or anyone else for that matter is born? Except for principles of following the Constitution I otherwise personally don't care where a baby was born just as long as some foreign leader (someone who hasn't shared the "American Experience") doesn't also become the highest executive.

Understand people most polls today are usually written in such a way as to get a predetermined response/distortion. It is all too common and a sad state of affairs where both the 'liberals' as well as the 'conservatives' in the mass media tend to be appealing to the the LCD when it comes to journalism.

This seems to be an fact that could simply be confirmed by just checking for his birth certificate unless there is reliable evidence of official record tampering.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"