User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is unattractiveness a boon to scientific discovery?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 26.32%
  • No

28 73.68%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I don't really see this at all. At a certain age very few people are "very physically attractive" - they will only remain so if they actively try to be - which someone very immersed int heory is unlikely to spend so much time on.

Likewise, it's very unlikely to be either very physically attractive *or* a genius, so what are the chances of 2 in 1?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    SEXY

The next picture is Brian Cox, particle physicist at CERN's LHC, documentary presenter and rockstar (though in reality, playing keyboard just isn't that impressive)

Women, you can judge his looks now, but let me tell you as a heterosexual male, if you don't think he's extremely sexy and interesting (rockstar, scientist and presenter!) you're just plain wrong.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    The next picture is Brian Cox, particle physicist at CERN's LHC, documentary presenter and rockstar (though in reality, playing keyboard just isn't that impressive)

Women, you can judge his looks now, but let me tell you as a heterosexual male, if you don't think he's extremely sexy and interesting (rockstar, scientist and presenter!) you're just plain wrong.
    Really really really hawt. Thanks for the eye candy.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Really really really hawt. Thanks for the eye candy.
    If you love tiny balls he's perfect for you.........

I meant Higgs particles!
    (removed)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    What are you on about? If I were a woman I'd find Newton plenty attractive... I think.
    Ya the guy looks kind of like Sephiroth and plenty of people seem to find him pretty attractive.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post

no he is not handsome
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Nice thread necro! I disagree with you that that scientist isn't good looking, though. I think he's pretty foine.

Also, if Einstein et. al. had been really really ridiculously good looking then I guess they would have just gotten laid more like Feynman did.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nice thread necro! I disagree with you that that scientist isn't good looking, though. I think he's pretty foine.

Also, if Einstein et. al. had been really really ridiculously good looking then I guess they would have just gotten laid more like Feynman did.
    Einstein did not exist before he came to America?
    Marilyn is forever young.
    Time does not pass.

WALMART

wait, you mean, guys can look like that and be relevant to society?

i'm glad i'm always high, when i'm making these discoveries.

Red face

It's true. All people who study physics only do so because they are ugly and the human race wants nothing to do with them. The dirty shameful secret has been uncovered. Because who would want to waste their time reading books and thinking about stuff? What a bunch of ugly nerds.