User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 59

  1. #21
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Robert Paxton is actually American.

    I see you edited your post.

  2. #22
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Robert Paxton is actually American.

    I see you edited your post.
    Of course. It's a fact I suddenly remembered. But I didn't try to hide my mistake.

    Since he fluently speaks French, you can't immediately figure whether he's from across the Channel or across the Atlantic.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  3. #23
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    I wasn't accusing you of hiding any mistakes. I made my post correcting you as you edited yours. So I edited mine to ackwoledge the fact you spoted your mistake.

  4. #24
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I wasn't accusing you of hiding any mistakes. I made my post correcting you as you edited yours. So I edited mine to ackwoledge the fact you spoted your mistake.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  5. #25
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Right back at you.

  6. #26
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Frankly, I would agree with you and even crack a joke about it.

    The Vichy government revealed a lot about what France really is. And it's a shame that the best historian of that period is British. That fact too, says a lot about us.
    France was in a state of societal post-traumatic stress disorder from la Grande Guerre. I don't blame them for wanting to avoid a repeat. It's too bad anti-Semitism was such a core component of French conservatism at the time; then again, it was that way for most of Europe (except for the UK, without much of a Jewish population).

    Then again, the Nazis were slamming Jim Crow, lynching and the KKK in their propaganda (while taking digs at high profile American Jews, too. Gotta love compartmentalization). Pretty embarrassing for the US IMO.

  7. #27
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    France was in a state of societal post-traumatic stress disorder from la Grande Guerre. I don't blame them for wanting to avoid a repeat. It's too bad anti-Semitism was such a core component of French conservatism at the time; then again, it was that way for most of Europe (except for the UK, without much of a Jewish population).

    Then again, the Nazis were slamming Jim Crow, lynching and the KKK in their propaganda (while taking digs at high profile American Jews, too. Gotta love compartmentalization). Pretty embarrassing for the US IMO.
    Bah, name me something that doesn't embarrass the US and I'll give you a flying piggie.


    Anyway. Again. Perhaps, Blackmail! you could have phrased that a bit better. Or... maybe that particular thing wasn't exactly called for at all...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #28
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Concerning propaganda:
    [youtube="gWq_FDokrLo"]...[/youtube]

  9. #29
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Bah, name me something that doesn't embarrass the US and I'll give you a flying piggie.
    We did put a man on the moon.

  10. #30
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    We did put a man on the moon.
    You get a winged cat for effort.

    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Political Bias and Irrationality
    By La de Longe in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 04:09 PM
  2. 7th Function Bias and Literary Archetype
    By Haphazard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:50 AM
  3. Suicide and social power
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:04 AM
  4. Relational Competition and "Social" Bullying
    By Maverick in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO