User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    If she were alone in citing such experiences, you might have a point.
    No doubt the experiences many Muslim women have claimed are true. That's not under dispute.

Holding up a pathological liar like Hirsi as a doyen of free speech - as Victor seems to be doing - only shows how easily hoodwinked he is.

And buying a pig in a poke from Hirsi shows he has taken a leap of faith that he insists is the problem with adherants of MBTI. (He's rather fond of repeating this, as you might have notice).

In other words, he's as much a hypocrite as his new heroine, the Spartacus-like Hirsi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    No doubt the experiences many Muslim women have claimed are true. That's not under dispute.

Holding up a pathological liar like Hirsi as a doyen of free speech - as Victor seems to be doing - only shows how easily hoodwinked he is.

And buying a pig in a poke from Hirsi shows he has taken a leap of faith that he insists is the problem with adherants of MBTI. (He's rather fond of repeating this, as you might have notice).

In other words, he's as much a hypocrite as his new heroine, the Spartacus-like Hirsi.
    Ad hominem subtracts nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    NICE

Ad hominem subtracts nothing.
    Which ad hominem? I've lost count.

On a serious note, Hirsi herself admits she has lied many times. She gracefully excuses herself, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Which ad hominem? I've lost count.

On a serious note, Hirsi herself admits she has lied many times. She gracefully excuses herself, though.
    Quite.

Fortunately, you don't have to worry about a fatwa being issued for your indiscretions. :P

MBTI
    NICE

Quite.

Fortunately, you don't have to worry about a fatwa being issued for your indiscretions. :P
    Do you say that ironically?

Well I agree. From the pompous old men issuing the fatwa, who think they have a monopoly on the truth, to the ever-faithful thugs who would unthinkingly carry out the fatwa, no reasonable person would condone Van Gogh's murder.

I have a problem with religious loonies (of all colours); I have a bigger problem with people like Hirsi, who has displayed an amazingly unethical methodology, both as a writer and politician.

During her time in Parliament she advocated banning Islamic schools on "secular" grounds (a noble cause), but helpfully added that Catholic and Protestant schools need not be affected because they caused "no problems". If a white guy had said that...

In just over a decade she has went from being a rabid Muslim extremist to a rabid athiest. She's got what she wanted all along. Martyrdom.

All this Islam bashing shit is becoming a bit dull.

Can we bash something else, now Victor? How about fat, Australian windbags?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yesterday at the Jaipur Literature Festival in India, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, with courage beyond most of us here, described the faith she was born into as, "a dangerous, totalitarian ideology masquerading as a religion".

Ayaan asked why it seemed impossible to have a sober discussion about the Koran and the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed without riling Muslim sentiment. And Ayaan made the case for bringing the Enlightenment to the blighted lands of the Middle East and Muslim South Asia.

So is Islam a dangerous, totalitarian ideology masquerading as a religion, and is the Enlightenment the answer?
    I disagree with the religion as a whole, It's opression of women makes me sick.
    I was in a hospital ward once. All the patients were female, all the staff were female and there was a patient wearing a hijab. I must add to this that i do know not all islamic countries/states or communities have compulsary laws for women to "cover up" and those that do also vary in how "covered up" women have to be. anyway to continue..... I asked her why she needed to wear it in an all female environment. She explained to me that western women have it all wrong and that the reason for wearing them is to protect them. I asked how so? she explained that if they cover up men won't want to rape them!
    I ask you?!?:steam:
    All religions that state non believers should be killed and go to hell reek of totalitarianism.
    If people believe in a higher power what ever that be then they should, in my opinion, do it in the understanding that all men and women were made equal. Will i go to hell for this?
    Hell no!
    Oh and to answer the question
    Yes, and i'm unsure regarding the second
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

In this paradigm of electronic envelopes, bestial sexualisation and lack of inner dance, it is hard not to drop oneself off duck's feet when taking in the joy of lateralization.

When handling big cannons like the teachings of Mohammed with the combined self-structured meditative pilliver and pomp, so unlike nudiustertian, it really is invigorating for the inner flow of your Ki.

Not unlike the funambulist on his rope, I feel like I am being observed by forces long forgotten, names not uttered by humans since the dawn of history...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have a problem with religious loonies (of all colours); I have a bigger problem with people like Hirsi, who has displayed an amazingly unethical methodology, both as a writer and politician.
    How many people has Hirsi condemned to death?

Call me radical, but I have a bigger problem with the people who want to blow me up because I won't wear a fucking head scarf.

@YLJ Did you get some new weed or what?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

@YLJ Did you get some new weed or what?
    Hush, i'm trying to talk Victor tongue so that he would understand.
    On a scale on one to ten, how am I doing?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Hush, i'm trying to talk Victor tongue so that he would understand.
    There's not much that Victor doesn't understand.