User Tag List

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Default Why does it matter, and should we care?

YouTube - Obama, Regan, Nixon, Carter, Speilberg on UFO Disclosure.. The Washington Senators 7/12/52

If you want disclosure, stop voting for a "leader". If you want disclosure, stop chasing the illusive apple... I don't care about ET's, and their other worldly powers, I care about my planet, my home, my mother Earth. I desire for there to be harmony and clarity, not an opaque, one sided delusion of the senses. Everyone needs to realize that we the people MUST overcome this trickery, we have the power, it resides beneath our own two feet!?

I think that the more fear, or curiosity people have for UFO's, the more powerful the Governments become!

Why is it only the Governments that can provide disclosure?

It's like coaxing a horse with an? apple on a string, and nothing else matters to that horse except for that apple, unknowingly the horse is being convinced to move forward to obtain an apple it will never taste, and ignoring everything else that surrounds it, because there is a juicy apple leading this blind, and ignorant horse. -CaptainDistracted
    As creative as the human mind is, it's hard to believe that officials have come up with a charade like this in order to achieve public obedience.

Thoughts?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It is highly unlikely.

For every complex part (read: person involved) you add to a plan, your failure rate increases exponentially.

I might be able to buy that a government would take advantage of UFO craze, but not create it for the distinct purpose of control.

Should I put on my tin-foil hat now?
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    It is highly unlikely.

For every complex part (read: person involved) you add to a plan, your failure rate increases exponentially.

I might be able to buy that a government would take advantage of UFO craze, but not create it for the distinct purpose of control.

Should I put on my tin-foil hat now?
    Do you believe that there is something else out there?

Do you think our world would be the same as it is now, if this "craze" was non-existent?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Do you believe that there is something else out there?
    In the vast reaches and ages of space, I don't doubt that it's possible. Other than the general probabilities, there's really nothing else I can claim to know at this point.

Do you think our world would be the same as it is now, if this "craze" was non-existent?
    While the fear of UFOs and extra-terrestrials has certainly had some cultural effect, we were pushed into space by the fear of the USSR (and likewise for them).

So, culturally, maybe not. But technologically, I think we'd be in a very similar state.
    Function Activity:

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    While the fear of UFOs and extra-terrestrials has certainly had some cultural effect, we were pushed into space by the fear of the USSR (and likewise for them).

So, culturally, maybe not. But technologically, I think we'd be in a very similar state.
    So, the search for water/life on other planets is the result of fear?... A fear of what exactly? Annihilation?...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    So, the search for water/life on other planets is the result of fear?... A fear of what exactly? Annihilation?...
    Well, it started with the main focus of fear, since it was the Cold War Era, and we didn't know what the USSR was capable of. Having weapons outside of the stratosphere presented a very clear danger. Also, we didn't want to lose claim to any possible resources found.

Over time, the search for additional resources became a primary objective alongside utility, etc. I'm convinced that the search for life on other planets is mostly as a sign that the planet has compounds and resources we might find useful or necessary. The search for sentient life is most likely a secondary objective at this point.

If by some small chance we ever made contact, I'm sure self-defense would be our primary concern.
    Function Activity: