User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Deep spiritual journey? lol..how would you know that? Are you having pillow talk with Obama?
    Did you read anything about this man before he was elected? You're basing your assertions on NOTHING. I've cited sources to the effect of what I am stating. You're looking like a fool.

Obviously he's going to say Christianity is dear to him, but he has to. A lot of people still think he's a Muslim.
    Or, more likely, he's a devout Christian.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Did you read anything about this man before he was elected? You're basing your assertions on NOTHING. I've cited sources to the effect of what I am stating. You're looking like a fool.

Or, more likely, he's a devout Christian.
    So you're taking Obama for his word, about his deep spiritual journey? He was probably zoning out listening to Rev. Wright most of the time. I'm an Obama fan, but I don't automatically believe everything he says.

But I didn't know you trusted Obama this much. Why do I have the feeling this doesn't apply to the other 98% of what he says?

No, just young.

5 or 10 years ago, you probably weren't even alive. It was urgent then too, but Clinton failed pushing it through. But now, insurance rates are rising at unprecedented levels, that's one of the main differences between then and now.
    I think I'm under 10 years old and typing on an internet forum?

If the issue has been so urgent for so long, why has nothing passed? Why has the electorate not voted in people that swore to address the issue? Is it possible that it isn't so urgent for much of the population?

MBTI
    ESFJ

So you're taking Obama for his word, about his deep spiritual journey? He was probably zoning out listening to Rev. Wright. I'm an Obama fan, but I don't automatically believe everything he says.

But I didn't know you trusted Obama this much. Why do I have the feeling this doesn't apply to the other 98% of what he says?
    Perhaps you should investigate this further. You're not even making sense now.

MBTI
    INTP

Perhaps you should investigate this further. You're not even making sense now.
    lol. I know what he's said about his religion.

You just can't come up with a coherent reply. Why trust Obama on this, but not most else? You can't get inside his head.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    I think I'm under 10 years old and typing on an internet forum?

If the issue has been so urgent for so long, why has nothing passed? Why has the electorate not voted in people that swore to address the issue? Is it possible that it isn't so urgent for much of the population?
    Many have tried, all have failed. There is a lot of big money tied up in the insurance lobby.

But Obama is actually getting closer to reform than anybody since the 60s.

Many have tried, all have failed. There is a lot of big money tied up in the insurance lobby.

But Obama is actually getting closer to reform than anybody since the 60s.
    If it was urgent enough, as understood by enough of the population, the insurance lobby would not be able to stop the reform. The tobacco lobby wasn't able to stop lawsuits and reforms.

MBTI
    ESFJ

lol. I know what he's said about his religion.

You just can't come up with a coherent reply. Why trust Obama on this, but not most else? You can't get inside his head.
    Because this is something for which there is no opinion? I think Obama lies about as frequently as other major politicians, but I don't doubt that HE believes that he is TRYING to do the right thing. I think he's wrong about the vast majority of his policies, but I don't think the entirety of his platform is some elaborate charade. On what are you basing this belief he's agnostic? If it's just a gut feeling, then I have every right to tell you're full of shit.

MBTI
    INTP

If it was urgent enough, as understood by enough of the population, the insurance lobby would not be able to stop the reform.
    We're not a direct democracy, and our political system is very much influenced by money. I know you're kinda young, but someone was gonna have to tell you this eventually. And the insurance lobby is able to outspend the unions, which are typically for health reform.

Not that a direct democracy would solve everything, people often get fooled into voting against their interests.

The tobacco lobby wasn't able to stop lawsuits and reforms.
    Tobacco directly kills people, health insurance... typically saves people. Slight difference.

MBTI
    INTP

On what are you basing this belief he's agnostic?
    His views and the stuff he supports tends to line up pretty closely to secular humanism. Of which most proponents are agnostic or atheist, or just nonreligious.