User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

  1. #11
    Senior Member FeatheredFrenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Animal hoarding? Haha. I wouldn't mind it.

    For those who think she's N, doesn't this sound like her though? Look at all the action films she's done.

    "ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly."

  2. #12
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    The quotes you cite don't support that. Nor do her interviews. Nor does her acting.
    “Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.”

    “We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly... Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything... Throw things out there and not be perfect and not have answers to anything and see if people understand”

    “People say that you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own”

    “What nourishes me also destroys me.”

    “I wish I could find people who just would fight me and break through to me and hold me down and scream their life into my face”
    These quotes don't express a preference for intuition?

    Please educate me on intuition.

  3. #13
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    These quotes don't express a preference for intuition?

    Please educate me on intuition.
    awesome quotes. and that last one totally sold me on T, if I was waffling, which I really wasn't. she's a cool cucumber.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Edit: did you write that poem? wow.
    Oh dear gawd no. That's another INFP:


    YouTube - Bob Dylan - Farewell Angelina

  5. #15
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    3 adopted and 3 biological children within 5 years. Even *I* think that's insane.

  6. #16
    Senior Member FeatheredFrenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Yeah, you're right.

    “I wish I could find people who just would fight me and break through to me and hold me down and scream their life into my face”
    sx/sp?


  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    These quotes don't express a preference for intuition?

    Please educate me on intuition.
    You are confusing iNtuition with exactly what one finds in IxFPs: A preference for introverted feeling.

    While examining a few quotes taken out of context is not a good way of attempting to determine MBTI type, let's take a look a the below:

    “Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.”

    “We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly... Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything... Throw things out there and not be perfect and not have answers to anything and see if people understand”

    “People say that you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own”

    “What nourishes me also destroys me.”

    “I wish I could find people who just would fight me and break through to me and hold me down and scream their life into my face”

    The first thing that is clear from the above is that these are all perceptive statements, rather than judging statements. Which is to say that these are reflective of a preference for either Se or Ne as the primary extroverted function rather than Te or Fe. For more info on this go to INFJ or INFP? a closer look and look at "Your Preferred Communication Style".

    Now let's look at what is being perceived. Is Angelina commenting on logical relationships or connections, or is she commenting on value-based connections, subjective valuation, etc. Clearly, it's the latter.

    The last question (in my roundabout way) is whether Angelina is using Ne or Se. In this instance, it's hard to tell, because these are small snippets of conversation. Interviews are much more effective at illustrating how grounded in the here-and-now AJ is.

    Of the above statements, only the last screams Se. The others are ambiguous because of length of the quotes--although typically in quotes of that length INFPs would already have started to tie factual perceptions to a larger context (Ne).To give an example of how this works, here are a few lyrics from INFPs:

    "You see me on the street"

    "Vomiting in the kitchen sink"

    "You say you're not getting enough"

    Only when we step back and see these lines within the songs (Dylan, Positively 4th Street; Elliott Smith, Fond Farewell; Lennon, I'm Losing You) do we see that they are as mosaic tiles within a larger whole, and that--as is typical of INFPs--and not typical of ISFPs--factual sensing statements are meaningless without the connections drawn by intuition/larger context.

    One can flip this of course & do the same with SP lyrics...

    Here's a good interview except with AJ where it becomes clear that her perceptive statements are essentially standalone, and not of value only within a larger context--and that she doesn't perpetually draw disparate random perceptions together as do NPs:

    Link won't show here for some reason
    UGO: What was it that drew you to this script?

    Angelina: It surprised me, and I don't often read scripts that do that. This script was just so much smarter than usual and I'm just fascinated by human behavior. Obviously, that's part of what we do for a living, so I'm fascinated by it. I wanted to study her and the kind of women that do this for a living, and how that affects their personal lives and who they are. Also, the mind of a serial killer.

    UGO: Is it unusual people that become profilers?

    Angelina: No. Some people have more of a comfort with it. The lady profilers I met weren't kind of dark people, they were actually quite light and lovely. There's nothing that kind of says, I like to hang out with dark things. They were just sensitive people. So no, certainly, I don't have a fear of that. I don't get grossed out when I see death or blood. I can see that it was a person and they're just passed away. It doesn't freak me out.

    UGO: Is it fun playing a female character that's smarter than everybody else?

    Angelina: Well, not smarter than everybody. But yes, she was very smart. We actually wanted to make sure that she wasn't too smart. That's the mistake some of these films have, where you have this female come in, and you want to prove that the female's tough, so she's just so cool and so tough so you just don't feel anything for her. We wanted to make Illeana a real human that's flawed and kind of awkward.

    UGO: How do you feel about all the press about you?

    Angelina: Apparently, I've made out with every single person in Taking Lives and I still had time to shoot the movie.

    UGO: You've been connected with Jared Leto.

    Angelina: I heard about that one.

    UGO: Is that real?

    Angelina: No. I don't even know where that came from; it's so bizarre and funny. Who is just sitting around thinking up this stuff?

    UGO: They said they saw you at a club making out with him.

    Angelina: Yeah, because that's what I do in my off time. I'm working 14 hours a day and I have a baby. I go clubbing now.

    UGO: Working with Gena Rowlands must have been amazing.

    Angelina: Oh, yeah. When she showed up, we're all these little actors that just love her. The cool thing about Gena is that she loves this kind of movie; she loves this kind of book. She's got a whole little murder mystery side to her that's very, very cool. She's probably the darkest, wildest of all of us. She's tremendous.

    UGO: Can you tell us about Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow?

    Angelina: We haven't seen the final movie and how it looks. It's really Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow's film, and I'm kind of the other character that shows up towards the end, that's a bit shifty. But it's great to work on, and I've known Jude because I was married to his best friend for a few years. So it was nice to finally work with him. But it is all CGI, and the nice thing about it is they were trying to think of the most fantastic things they could do with special effects. What can we make? Can we have a three-inch elephant? What can you do to make it, to really use this new way of making films? They really did that so that's exciting.

    UGO: Does your son like it?

    Angelina: He liked it. He's always there on set, and I thought he was going to freak out when he first saw me because I'm in all black leather and wearing an eye patch. Then it clearly didn't even bother him, and he wore an eyepatch, too

    UGO: Does he understand what you do for a living?

    Angelina: I think he just has this idea that i tend to be around places and my pictures are in places. He hates the Taking Lives poster, because it looks like I'm being strangled.

    UGO: Will you do another Lara Croft movie?

    Angelina: I don't think so. I just don't feel like I need to, because I felt very happy with the last one, which was kind of the one we wanted to do. The first one kind of frustrated us, because we were trying something new. The second one, I felt like that's kind of how I wanted to do it, and I don't really feel the need to do another one.

    UGO: Did the lack of success of Beyond Borders hurt you?

    Angelina: It would be wonderful if people would have responded to it more or seen it more. But at the same time, I know that I'm the kind of person that likes that kind of movie, and I don't go to movies. I'm assuming that, maybe, the people that would have appreciated it were too busy at home or they're doing other things or they're in the field somewhere doing something else. I certainly know that it's not an easy movie to sit through, so I don't think people were rushing to it. Before we did press, the movie company actually mapped the amount of people that wanted to go see it and after we did press, it was like nothing. The number dropped because so many realized it wasn't some fun love story.

    For contrast here is an interview with an INFP female of note:

    beta blog: patti smith interview

    Patti Smith: I had never seen My Bloody Valentine in their own time when they first entered the scene. I was living in seclusion in Michigan so I missed that phase of MBV. When I heard their records sometime later, I loved them right away, from the very first second. And then I was lucky enough to meet, work and perform with Kevin, but I still hadn’t seen MBV.

    Before they went on tour, they did a series of performances at the Roundhouse in London. I thought that these performances were the greatest things I had ever seen. The reason was because...MBV is such a beautiful projection of Kevin, who is both aware of his worth yet completely humble. And MBV, of course I listened to it with earplugs, but with earplugs it was beautifully assaultive that MBV demands sonically for you to surrender, but the universe in which you are surrendering to is benevolent, because it is not egotistical. There is no egotistical 'artist' in terms of frontal attack. It’s a sonic scape that if you find a way to surrender to it, you enter into a universe which is pure and intelligent. Of course, I would not recommend it without earplugs. Mother. Also because it’s so spiritually loud. I didn’t feel like I was compromising or losing anything because of the intensity of the experience was quite engulfing.

    It was interesting for me. As a performer I find it difficult to sit still through other peoples' performances. I'm restless and agitated. It makes me want to work. It's not an egotistical thing, it just fills me with adrenaline and energy that makes me want to work. That’s what I loved about seeing them. I had no desires, to perform, work, anything, but be part of this organism.

    It was a total surrender?

    Yes. And surrender with return. By the end, I found that a beautiful thing happens when there is a direct communication between one and the experience, at the end, just as any kid or anyone there, you almost involuntarily lift both your hands above your head with your hands out and just receiving. Like a child, lifting up their hands to the sun. It's not a military thing, saluting Hitler, it's just pure. You're just open. You just raise your arms and raise your hands to both in affirmation: "Yes I am here!" and to receive. And it's all abstract, but I found the whole experience very beautiful. I didn't drink, I wasn't stoned, it was it's own drug. That is the ultimate experience to me, to feel as if you’ve had a blessed drug experience without ingesting anything.

    I was lucky enough to see them upstate. I stood with my hands up the last twenty minutes or so.

    Yeah! You do. It's not a thing where you feel dopey afterwords or feel self-conscious. It's a release. You don't feel any ego. The world of MBV is completely abstract, it's an organism. It's not some club with rules, it's just all feeling. I was right there with you and I was there, too. Especially for me as a performer, I have control over my own situation, I have a lot of control as a human being, I'm fairly in control and disciplined. To be able to submit to something so completely is rare for me. A very beautiful experience. It made me really happy, like a child.

    I was very ecstatic.

    It's really…I love this. It's not like a thing… it has nothing to do with peer pressure. The only question is whether one should wear earplugs. Kevin is well-aware that this is an assault, a sonic assault. It is not with malice, it just is any more than if you stand in the sun and get burnt. The sun isn't out to burn you, but it is strong.

    To not be like Icarus.

    Exactly. We all want to survive this experience.

    To have rapture and come back from it.

    Like John Coltrane. He would do a saxophone solo for 14 minutes, go out and talk to God, go through the stratosphere, but he always came home to us, to the people, to his responsibility. That's part of an artist's responsibility and a part of a human being’s responsibility unless you don't want to live anymore. If you want to be an earthling, you have to come back. Like Ismael in Moby Dick, you have to come back to tell the story.

    It's really great to talk to you and have you put in words how I felt about the show.

    I know Kevin quite well. And I think Kevin is just one of the most beautiful people I ever met. He's just on a…he is as his music. He is uncompromising yet benevolent. He's a beautiful person and experiencing his vision and his band's execution of that vision was one of them...you asked for my experience. The only thing that could compare to it was Tristan und Isolde at La Scala.

  8. #18
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    The first thing that is clear from the above is that these are all perceptive statements, rather than judging statements. Which is to say that these are reflective of a preference for either Se or Ne as the primary extroverted function rather than Te or Fe.
    Of course. And Ne is what they represent, save for the last one. She is fond of detecting patterns.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Of course. And Ne is what they represent, save for the last one. She is fond of detecting patterns.
    That's why I posted the interview; you need a larger context to see AJ's preference for Se.

  10. #20
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    She's ESTP. He's ISTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Farewell
    By Amaris in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 11:57 AM
  2. Furious 7 : Best And Most Fitting Farewell To Paul Walker
    By furusscn in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 03:12 AM
  3. Farewell Crayon Shin-Chan
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 04:33 AM
  4. Beat's Farewell Thread - Leave your messages here
    By Jeffster in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO