User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You tell me what other country in the entire world has done so much for others as the U.S.A.?
    Well, they did a lot for Canada. The first war they lost was against Canada in 1812. But they don't tell you that 'cause they hate losers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    On the other hand in my historical lifetime, meaning the history of the world as I know it, this guilty country (usa ) has most probably been the most generous contributor to the needy communities around the world that I'm aware of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Hmm, not so sure about that. “Help” was often provided with strings attached, strings that enslave the recipient.
    I agree with Gerbah.

Most of the time America acts like some bothersome global police force instead of a nation seeking to improve itself and its closest neighbors. That sounds very Fi of me, but it's really difficult for a nation to help - or "fix" unAmerican ways of life of - other nations without attaining stability and prosperity amongst its own people.

We're one of the most generous nations because we feel it's our duty to be. We're arrogant about it, and often don't acknowledge what we can do to help impoverished countires help themselves. We usually just throw money at them and do a "Look at us! Look at us! We're so charitable! Aren't we cool?" dance. This may just be me, but I'd rather receive no help than have someone make me their pitiful victim for reputation's sake. As paranoid as it seems, I'm beginning to think we like their dependency.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Generally the way it works, the IMF will make infrastructure improvement loans that are "proposed" by American Corporations. These corporations profit from foreign aid.

Foreign aid does not go directly to foreign governments, it goes to corporations who
    in turn do projects in foreign countries.

Once the IMF has ensnared the foreign government in unmanageble debt, the natural resourse vultures circle and privatize the foreign nations natural resources so that
    corporations can reap obscene profits from it.

Then we gullibles dress it all up in red white and blue and extoll the virtues of the "free thieving" system.

Thumbs down Pwned

1776 was a bourgeoise revolution, not a proletarian revolution.

And it was Henry Ford who discovered it was to his advantage to share his income.

And although Henry was prepared to share his income, under no circumstances was he prepared to share ownership.

And of course it is ownership that is the hallmark of the bourgeoise system.

And this is reflected in the popular vernacular when we say, "owned", or "pwned".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Victor, I'm going to pwn you.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Victor, I'm going to pwn you.
    Fortunately we remained loyal to the Crown. So I am a loyal Subject. And if you want to pwn me, you will need to speak to the Queen first.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Fortunately we remained loyal to the Crown. So I am a loyal Subject. And if you want to pwn me, you will need to speak to the Queen first.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Ginkgo

This thread has given me a hardy laugh. Maybe I'll just stick to reading this forum for a while.

As for health-care...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, they did a lot for Canada. The first war they lost was against Canada in 1812. But they don't tell you that 'cause they hate losers.
    We do tell you that, it's in our fucking national anthem!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Boyee, have you opened a can of Wren.

The language the media and government officials engage in and use has absolutely not a damn thing to do with accurately describing what all the jostling is about at all.

The healthcare bill is about two thousand pages, and favors one entity and/or business over another...depending on which cocksucker was successful in getting the proposal from lobby, to campaign coffers to floor.

They call it "HealthCare" but not a single word of that entire 2000 pages of bill has anything to do with educating people on how to prevent needing the g*damn disease management system in the first place because it WOULD NOT BE PROFITABLE.

Got it?
    this may be what's going on but I believe most people know instinctively about their health and what would make them healthier. The majority of the nations' problem with healthcare is wanting others to pay for our own mistakes. Alas it's difficult to take this into account in the moment. Insurance is a good bet in these instances.