User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thumbs down Bewdy!

And of course America the Beautiful gave us MBTI. And we wouldn't be here without MBTI. We wouldn't understand one another so well and we wouldn't get along so well.

Bewdy!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah, let's invade the US

The Roman Empire did much more for the world population, and the peasants had free healthcare (??)

Actually we could let Cuba and Mexico invade the US...Southern Cali and Miami look like really nice places already, I wouldn't even have to think about my accent if theirs become the accepted norm.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I just wanted to add that I realized something tonight about race relations. I'm a believer in evolution. So we were all colored to begin with right? I mean we evolved from Africa and spread out on earth and adapted to our environment as needed. Following me? So one day a light skinned baby was born in some distant part away from the origin of people origination (Africa). Others at the time hadn't fully contemplated such a difference that adaptation could produce but had to explain the anomoly sp? somehow, and attributed the innocent thing to some higher force and the collective decided this must have great meaning. That's what got the whole thing started! After that this great force of bewilderment that began with a fluke of nature snowballed into some spiritual significance and there ya have it, white dominance, all bc the common dark skinned people of the age thought a light skinned descendant must be a sign! And we always think it's the Sensors who predominate. This is where you are wrong! Most humans were and still are intuitives.
    No on both points.

Most people are, in fact, sensors, and Cauasians are not more evolved than Africans simply because life originated in Africa. Actually, Cauasians aren't more evolved period! Race has nothing to do with human evolution. Where are you getting this from?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

On the other hand in my historical lifetime, meaning the history of the world as I know it, this guilty country (usa ) has most probably been the most generous contributor to the needy communities around the world that I'm aware of
    Hmm, not so sure about that. “Help” was often provided with strings attached, strings that enslave the recipient.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Hmm, not so sure about that. “Help” was often provided with strings attached, strings that enslave the recipient.
    Well, it's better than enslaving the recipient without giving help, yes?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You tell me what other country in the entire world has done so much for others as the U.S.A.?

Whatever capitalist motives our government has had, they have done an awful lot of good in the process.

No one but Great Britain can say they shed the blood of their young men and women, and their tax dollars for the sake of others to the degree the U.S. has.

Most of the NATO troops send a small amount of troops to the most secure regions of where the U.S. troops are positioned doing whatever. Gratuitous at best.

Our government is fucked up in many ways, and hardly perfect, but I'd rather be an American than a citizen of any other nation, and my Mother is first generation German, and I was born in Frankfurt and spent 9 years of my life there.

God bless the U.S.A., no matter what we are our brother's keeper.

-Halla
    Why people feel to need to talk in terms of nations is difficult for me to fathom to begin with. Attributing personality traits to a nation is just...well, it has no juice.

You do realize US only "sends more troops" (is that the most objective way to evaluate how much you do for other countries?) because they can do so in the first place. Their military is huge and a huge importance is put into it. (with good and bad results like with ANY military institution in history).

Why people congratulate themselves over how big or influential they are is beyond me.

Switzerland's (anecdotal, cliche example) conduct might very well be more admirable. They don't go out of their way to help other countries but they also don't cause trouble.

America is not good. America is not bad. America is a group of people that, like any country in the world, can't ever be objectively seen as a whole entity where the brain knows what the legs are doing etc

Take Iraq for example. How can one ever take the US stance on Iraq as unanimous when even changing ONE single job position has such an effect on how things are carried out differently, and when even the people have always been divided when it came to what needed to be done?
    Last edited by Moiety; 01-23-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typos

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    America is no good. America is not bad. America is a group of people that, like any country in the world, can't ever be objectively seen as a whole entity where the brain knows what the legs are doing etc
    This is probably especially true considering how the institutions are set up here.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Blacks need to help others more than they do bc they are always the underdog in my lifetime at least. Why do they as a group have all the problems and white or light skinned people have to bail them out? What I see as a fair exchange is for them to get a grip and help everyone else out, in the future. Maybe this is a bigoted statement since I am white.
    First and foremost, those are completely stereotype-based statements and either you know it and you truly feel that way, or you're just an ignorant idiot.

There are tons of Black people who help others/are active in the community. If I have to think of the most generous philanthropist off the top of my head, I immediately think of Oprah Winfrey. Who is a Black person. I don't know where you got the idea that Black people don't help out at all.

Second of all, Black people don't have ALL the problems. Sure, a large percentage of the poorer areas around the nation are populated by Blacks and Latinos, but more times than not, it is the product of the poor economic and economic systems of the U.S.A. However, by the look of your post, you make it sound as if Blacks (or non-Whites in general) are the White Man's burden and that these people do nothing for themselves, and will continue to spiral further and further into poverty and therefore White people should feel obligated to help/"bail them out" as you put it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    First and foremost, those are completely stereotype-based statements and either you know it and you truly feel that way, or you're just an ignorant idiot.

There are tons of Black people who help others/are active in the community. If I have to think of the most generous philanthropist off the top of my head, I immediately think of Oprah Winfrey. Who is a Black person. I don't know where you got the idea that Black people don't help out at all.

Second of all, Black people don't have ALL the problems. Sure, a large percentage of the poorer areas around the nation are populated by Blacks and Latinos, but more times than not, it is the product of the poor economic and economic systems of the U.S.A. However, by the look of your post, you make it sound as if Blacks (or non-Whites in general) are the White Man's burden and that these people do nothing for themselves, and will continue to spiral further and further into poverty and therefore White people should feel obligated to help/"bail them out" as you put it.

This post is almost as ignorant the one it rebuts. Congratulations, you two!
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Pretty sure this has been threaded before.
    Actually. I'm fairly sure this has not been threaded before. Ever.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge