User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 118

  1. #41
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    [QUOTE=tcda;1016886]
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Welll the US has done all of these things in Latin America since the 19th Centiury, so I guess we agree then: No to the US bases in Colombia. Glad that's settled.
    I am not in favor of the U.S. setting up any new military bases. I would shutter most of the foreign bases we have already. Do you know what a libertarian is?


    Against. Were you for the 2002 coup in Venezuela or last years coup in Venezuela, or against them?
    I'm for the establishment of liberal democracy everywhere in the world. Doing it by force almost never works, though.


    Do you think you own the forum? How about, you just stop telling lies, then I won't need to respond to you.
    No, I don't own the forum. But you are a complete tool, and I don't lie.


    Apparently so. Your evidence that Chavez is a murderer is the death of one protester, 3 years ago, at the hands of the police. Venezuela is not a one party state, the Chavez regime doesn't control all the institutions of the state, you do realize that right?
    And the issue of the kidnappings and shootings of Colombians?


    Lighten up, don't tell me you're still sad about that whiny rich kid who got killed. There are much more worthy people. If you want I will send you a link to a campaign against the killing of trade unionists in Venezuela. 6 trade unionists were killed last year by hitmen.
    I sure am. And you are a disgusting excuse for a human being if you really believe that. Stop tainting these boards.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #42
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    And the issue of the kidnappings and shootings of Colombians
    I'm against this is if they were innocent civilians. However Colombia also has a large set of paramilitaries who don't identify themselves as state security, so who knows what really happened.

    I sure am. And you are a disgusting excuse for a human being if you really believe that. Stop tainting these boards.
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but were spoiled as a child? I mean, it's just funny that you think you can order someone to "never post again" and "stop tainting these boards", and think they will do it, even though you have 0 authority. :s Maybe you need help overcoming that...

    And btw we're still waiting for proof that Chávez is any more of a murderer than any other government (you know, mass graves, concentration camps etc.)...but I'm not holding my breath.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  3. #43
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    last years coup in Honduras
    You mean the "coup" that was ordered by that country's Supreme Court, blessed by its legislature and supported by the large majority of the population?

    By the way, you might want to check the statistics for trade unionist and reporters killed before Uribe's presidency with the figures since then....

  4. #44
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I'm against this is if they were innocent civilians. However Colombia also has a large set of paramilitaries who don't identify themselves as state security, so who knows what really happened.
    So you just kill people who COULD be paramilitaries? Good policy. Where's the jerking-off smiley when you need it?


    I hope you don't mind me asking, but were spoiled as a child? I mean, it's just funny that you think you can order someone to "never post again" and "stop tainting these boards", and think they will do it, even though you have 0 authority. :s Maybe you need help overcoming that...
    I am telling you because I actually value the forum we have here, and there is no place for someone advocating murder and repression. Please, stay the hell out.


    And btw we're still waiting for proof that Chávez is any more of a murderer than any other government (you know, mass graves, concentration camps etc.)...but I'm not holding my breath.
    Keep waiting, because I NEVER SAID HE WAS MORE OF A MURDERER THAN OTHER GOVERNMENTS. Jesus, can you read English?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #45
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Chavez is a stupid ass clown with a bad case of megalomania. His incoherent lumpen rants got some attention a few years back because Dubya made for a good boogeyman, and because there was some cash to buy peasants' support after the nationalization of various industries.

    But the schtick is stale now - ragging on Obama doesn't have the same effect and oil money are running low, so guess what, Hugo... nobody gives a shit.

    Chavez is Kanye West of world politics.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  6. #46
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    You mean the "coup" that was ordered by that country's Supreme Court, blessed by its legislature and supported by the large majority of the population?
    Above 65% of people boycotted the elections! How can you say that the coup had huge popualr support!?

    Also though you have a very strange concepts about "coups" and "occupations". Hitler and Stalin also had the support of the majority of the population, were htey therefore not dictatorships. Some of the worst regimes in history have had popular support, it doesn't mean they were demcoratic. Democracy is the active participation of the people in govenrment, not passive acceptance in opinion polls.

    And it was a coup because the military rose up and overthrow the elected government. And since when is Honduras is famed for the integrity and democracy of its legislature and Supreme Court? Are you trying to make me laugh here?

    And I don't know where you get those stats about the majority of the population - there was a huge resistance movement which the state responded to with torture and repression.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  7. #47
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Chavez is a stupid ass clown with a bad case of megalomania. His incoherent lumpen rants got some attention a few years back because Dubya made for a good boogeyman, and because there was some cash to buy peasants' support after the nationalization of various industries.

    But the schtick is stale now - ragging on Obama doesn't have the same effect and oil money are running low, so guess what, Hugo... nobody gives a shit.

    Chavez is Kanye West of world politics.

    That is an unfair comparison for Kanye.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #48
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    So you just kill people who COULD be paramilitaries? Good policy. Where's the jerking-off smiley when you need it?
    That's not what I said, read it again.

    I am telling you because I actually value the forum we have here, and there is no place for someone advocating murder and repression. Please, stay the hell out.
    Ok so the majority of people here had better not post again. Or maybe, you could post on a libertarian forum instead if you only want to talk to libertarians.

    Keep waiting, because I NEVER SAID HE WAS MORE OF A MURDERER THAN OTHER GOVERNMENTS. Jesus, can you read English
    ?

    Fair enough then, I apologize. I'm glad we agree that Chávez is no more a murcderer than any other government.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  9. #49
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    If you were curious you'd have sent me a PM.

    I don't play one-liner games. Tell me your whole reasoning, and then I can agree with or disagree with your point you are trying to make. Otherwise I'll just walk away.
    I typically avoid PMs unless I am on the verge of a mental breakdown. I don't find a problem with asking this question on the board.

    I'm just curious about country. Now, if you live in Luxembourg or Vatican City, I can understand why you are wary, but I was going out on a limb and guessing you weren't.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #50
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Above 65% of people boycotted the elections!
    CNN analysis: Majority of eligible Hondurans voted in presidential election - CNN.com)

    Funny how the candidates and parties who opposed what was the Honduran equivalent of an impeachment received very few votes...

Similar Threads

  1. [Tri] How to know whether am 7 or 8?
    By sonictard in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 06:17 PM
  2. I don't know how to pose this question
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 10:44 AM
  3. Gosh, I don't know what to say... it's just like real life
    By Lisa73 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO