User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=pure_mercury;1016657]
    Epoch Times reported this killing of a peaceful student protestor.

Epoch Times | Security Forces Kill Student in Venezuela, Eyewitnesses Report
    So 1 protestor was killed by the police 3 years ago and this makes Chávez an unparralelled evil murderer?

Actually you could have mentioned the killing of 2 workers at the Sanitarios Maracay factory which they were occupying, i.e. they were killed by Chavez's police in order to defend private property, but the kind of news you read doesn't care about workers getting killed, and just loves private property. But then some right-wing, rich, white student gets killed, and they scream bloody murder.

Cry me a river.

And, of course, Venezuela killed several Colombians they CLAIMED were paramilitaries, with no real evidence to that effect.
    And Colombia has agreed to build 7 US bases on its soil! This in a region where the US has presided over countless military coups,Plan Condor, and of course the attempted coup against Chavez in 2002.

Uribe and the US are the biggest danger to Latin America.

And your harping on the American government (of which I am not a part) is STILL red herring-ism at its worst. You have NO point whatsoever.
    How is pointing out your hypocrisy the same as "red herringism"?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Where do you live?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Where do you live?
    Why do you ask?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why do you ask?
    Because I am a US government spy and we need to know where to put the next earthquake device so we can cause a 7.0 earthquake where you live just curious.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Because I am a US government spy and we need to know where to put the next earthquake device so we can cause a 7.0 earthquake where you live just curious.
    If you were curious you'd have sent me a PM.

I don't play one-liner games. Tell me your whole reasoning, and then I can agree with or disagree with your point you are trying to make. Otherwise I'll just walk away.

MBTI
    ESFJ

So 1 protestor was killed by the police 3 years ago and this makes Chávez an unparralelled evil murderer?
    You wanted an example of Chavez's government killing someone, and I provided it. Are you so naive to think that is the only person murdered by Chavez's thugs?

Actually you could have mentioned the killing of 2 workers at the Sanitarios Maracay factory which they were occupying, i.e. they were killed by Chavez's police in order to defend private property, but the kind of news you read doesn't care about workers getting killed, and just loves private property. But then some right-wing, rich, white student gets killed, and they scream bloody murder.
    Makes sense to scream bloody murder when someone was MURDERED, you jackass.

Cry me a river.
    The sign of a complete tool.

And Colombia has agreed to build 7 US bases on its soil! This in a region where the US has presided over countless military coups,Plan Condor, and of course the attempted coup against Chavez in 2002.
    So Colombia is not allowed to decide whether to have U.S. bases? I thought Latin American countries should have self-determination?

Also, are you against coups, or are you for them? IIRC, Chavez started a coup himself. Who's the hypocrite here?

Uribe and the US are the biggest danger to Latin America.
    Latin American poverty and ignorance are the biggest dangers to Latin America.

You're the hypocrite here. You have no leg to stand on in your arguments. I'd suggest staying out of the Political boards if you don't know how to debate.

You know, I am a libertarian, and I hate making generalizations about people. But I must ask: why are the INTP's always so politically retarded?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Why do you ask?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and posit that her question contains two rather obvious points:

1.) You apparently don't know what a "red herring" is.

2.) Your word usage indicates that American English is not your native dialect, and she's wondering where in the world people actually say "red herringism."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=pure_mercury;1016735]
    You wanted an example of Chavez's government killing someone, and I provided it. Are you so naive to think that is the only person murdered by Chavez's thugs?
    Pretty much every government has had protester killed on their watch. Why aren't you calling them all tyrants? Why are you so evasive about your agenda here?

The sign of a complete tool.
    I hope the entire Venezuelan property owning classes get executed, not just this one. Killing a ruling class parasite isn't murder any more than killing a tapeworm is.

So Colombia is not allowed to decide whether to have U.S. bases? I thought Latin American countries should have self-determination?
    So you favoured Cuba having Soviet bases then? You favour Venezuela's right to arm itself? Or is it just "self-determination" when it involves Colombia and US bases.

Also, are you against coups, or are you for them? IIRC, Chavez started a coup himself. Who's the hypocrite here?
    In 1992. He is now elected. But no, I don't support Chavez. Don't you remember me saying?

You have no leg to stand on in your arguments. I'd suggest staying out of the Political boards if you don't know how to debate.
    I didn't realize I was talking to such a genius, I apologize. I thought you were just some guy who repeated substandard Fox News style crap about Chavez being a "tyrant" and then when asked to prove it comes up with one death, caused by the police, on a protest, 3 years ago! with no evidence that Chavez ordered it.

In fact I knew about more murders in Venezuela than you do FFS!
    But I must ask: why are the INTP's always so politically retarded?
    Probably because so many of them are libertarians.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Pretty much every government has had protester killed on their watch. Why aren't you calling them all tyrants? Why are you so evasive about your agenda here?
    Most of them are tyrannical. The U.S. is better than average, and that is sad.

I hope the entire Venezuelan property owning classes get executed, not just this one. Killing a ruling class parasite isn't murder any more than killing a tapeworm is.
    Awesome. No one has to respond to you ever again.

So you favoured Cuba having Soviet bases then? You favour Venezuela's right to arm itself? Or is it just "self-determination" when it involves Colombia and US bases.
    They can do what they want, until the point that they invade or threaten other countries.

In 1992. He is now elected. But no, I don't support Chavez. Don't you remember me saying?
    The point stands. Are you for coups, or against them?

I didn't realize I was talking to such a genius, I apologize. I thought you were just some guy who repeated substandard Fox News style crap about Chavez being a "tyrant" and then when asked to prove it comes up with one death, caused by the police, on a protest, 3 years ago! with no evidence that Chavez ordered it.
    No need to apologize. Just don't post anymore, ever.

In fact I knew about more murders in Venezuela than you do FFS!
    Apparently not.

Probably because so many of them are libertarians.
    You're the only one laughing, but I am sure that is not unusual for you.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=pure_mercury;1016836]

They can do what they want, until the point that they invade or threaten other countries.
    Welll the US has done all of these things in Latin America since the 19th Centiury, so I guess we agree then: No to the US bases in Colombia. Glad that's settled.

The point stands. Are you for coups, or against them?
    Against. Were you for the 2002 coup in Venezuela or last years coup in Honduras, or against them?

No need to apologize. Just don't post anymore, ever.
    Do you think you own the forum? How about, you just stop telling lies, then I won't need to respond to you.

Apparently not.
    Apparently so. Your evidence that Chavez is a murderer is the death of one protester, 3 years ago, at the hands of the police. Venezuela is not a one party state, the Chavez regime doesn't control all the institutions of the state, you do realize that right?

You're the only one laughing, but I am sure that is not unusual for you.
    Lighten up, don't tell me you're still sad about that whiny rich kid who got killed. There are much more worthy people. If you want I will send you a link to a campaign against the killing of trade unionists in Venezuela. 6 trade unionists were killed last year by hitmen.

How come the press you read didn't complain about that? I think we both know why.