User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Erm, Kyoto?

Isn't it actually the case that the First World is against any climate reform that hurts itself, and wants to pass all the cost onto the poorer coutnries through "carbon trading". Understandably the "developing" world is against that.

Regarding whoever said China is the world's greatest polluter - right, but who owns the factories? I don't see too many western industrial giants complaining. And we do all realize that the only way living standards in the west have been maintained in the past 2 decades is through cheap Chinese labour, right?

I find it really funny how someone is sitting there in Chinese made clothes, munching some imported frozen chicken from China, with a mortgage they got at low interest rates only possible because China countered the inflationary tendencies of the global economy for the past 2 decades, and will then complain about the evil chinese polluters!
    Man, I've never seen someone miss the plot in the Political, History, and Current Events boards as badly as you. And Kiddo used to post here all the time.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Stop.

China sells the US cheap knick-knacks, the US sells China cheap lunches.

Please do not get the two confused.

China exports a lot of food.

Doesn't matter. He's still a lying, murdering, repressive fuckhead who deserves to be toppled
    Who is he "murdering"? I know quite a lot about Venezuela, and I've never heard this.

Maybe you're confusing him the Pentagon's best buddy Uribe next door....if you want to get outraged why not get outraged at the fact that the US gives the highest levels of aid to the country, Colombia, with the worst human rights record in the region, where paramilitaries have free reign to throww peasants off their land and kill any workers trying to organize a union.

Don't get me wrong I despise Chavez, though for the exact opposite reasons you do - but compared to Colombia, Venezuela is a paradise.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Who is he "murdering"? I know quite a lot about Venezuela, and I've never heard this.
    You haven't heard anything about the government kidnapping and disappearing anyone in the past few years? You must not be keeping up so much. Venezuela's murder rate is higher than Colombia's now, too. Chavez might not be killing anyone by his own hand, but it is certainly happening by the government's. He's an awful, disgusting dictator.

Maybe you're confusing him the Pentagon's best buddy Uribe next door....if you want to get outraged why not get outraged at the fact that the US gives the highest levels of aid to the country, Colombia, with the worst human rights record in the region, where paramilitaries have free reign to throww peasants off their land and kill any workers trying to organize a union.
    No, I wasn't confusing him. Chavez = tyrant.

Don't get me wrong I despise Chavez, though for the exact opposite reasons you do - but compared to Colombia, Venezuela is a paradise.
    No, it isn't.

MBTI
    ENFJ

China exports a lot of food.
    US exports more.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

actually an earthquake device isn't all that far-fetched. Tesla supposedly made one in his lab in New York harnessing resonance frequencies in mechanical oscillators. Never underestimate the power of constructive interference and amplitude magnification.....

The HAARP facility is not capable of doing that, however - they make HURRICANES at Haarp, not earthquakes! an earthquake weapon would have to be deployed at the site of the earthquake. I'm not sure a man-made earthquake device could reach a 7 M-scale quake, either.

The only funny thing I find about this theory is that we would use such a weapon on HAITI, of all places. Why the fuck would we do that to Haiti? they practically already ARE our protectorate and we get any and all resources we want from them, and they pretty much already go along with/like Americans. They need us for military protection, too, something our Gov't loves.... so where's the incentive?

If anything, we would use the device on Venezula! or Iran or North Korea. I bet we'd love to earthquake North Korea into submission.... so why aren't we, hmmm?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=pure_mercury;1016558]
    You haven't heard anything about the government kidnapping and disappearing anyone in the past few years? You must not be keeping up so much.
    Link?

I know that 6 trade unionists were killed by hitmen over the past year, many of them were Chávez supporters though and it's usually considered that the companies they worked for paid for the killings, and that these were not exactly chavista companies.

But if you have some other reliable source of information then please show it.

He's an awful, disgusting dictator.
    Out of interest, where do you get your information from?

Chávez is a typical third world leader, he is no worse than any other in Latin America, and a tiny, insignificant factor compared to the evils your own government is responsible for.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

US exports more.
    But China exports a lot of chicken to the west. It's a fact. So what point are you trying to make?

MBTI
    ENFJ

But China exports a lot of chicken to the west. It's a fact. So what point are you trying to make?
    China also imports a lot of chicken. By the West I presume you mean Britain and France, because the United States is not on the top twenty for chicken importers of either live chickens or chicken meat while China is 2nd on both lists. In fact, the Chinese government was complaining about cheap chicken imports from the US, thinking that they may be unsafe.

My point is that the United States actually exports stuff, too. Like real, actual, physical items. Like chickens.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Link?

I know that 6 trade unionists were killed by hitmen over the past year, many of them were Chávez supporters though and it's usually considered that the companies they worked for paid for the killings, and that these were not exactly chavista companies.

But if you have some other reliable source of information then please show it.
    Epoch Times reported this killing of a peaceful student protestor.

Epoch Times | Security Forces Kill Student in Venezuela, Eyewitnesses Report

And, of course, Venezuela killed several Colombians they CLAIMED were paramilitaries, with no real evidence to that effect.

Out of interest, where do you get your information from?
    Various forms of media from around the world. Not the government-directed puppets Chavez has installed in Venezuela. He LOVES to shut down any independent media in that country.

Chávez is a typical third world leader, he is no worse than any other in Latin America, and a tiny, insignificant factor compared to the evils your own government is responsible for.
    Actually, he's pretty bad by Western Hemisphere standards. And your harping on the American government (of which I am not a part) is STILL red herring-ism at its worst. You have NO point whatsoever.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

China also imports a lot of chicken. By the West I presume you mean Britain and France, because the United States is not on the top twenty for chicken importers of either live chickens or chicken meat while China is 2nd on both lists. In fact, the Chinese government was complaining about cheap chicken imports from the US, thinking that they may be unsafe.

My point is that the United States actually exports stuff, too. Like real, actual, physical items. Like chickens.
    Yes China imports and exports food.

The US of course exports agricultural and industrial products but my point was that if it wasn't for Chinese exports driving down costs then the boom of the past 2 decades and the mainataining of living standards in the west would have been impossible under capitalism.