User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 118

  1. #11
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #12
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Most who cheered Chavez were second world affiliates. The first/developed world tends to be pro-climate reform, and actually the third/undeveloped world leans a bit toward that stance two (in spite of some dicks like Mugabe), but the second/developing world is quite opposed to it all, because it seriously cramps their style.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #13
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Most who cheered Chavez were second world affiliates. The first/developed world tends to be pro-climate reform, and actually the third/undeveloped world leans a bit toward that stance two (in spite of some dicks like Mugabe), but the second/developing world is quite opposed to it all, because it seriously cramps their style.

    And China is now the world's #1 polluter, having overtaken the United States.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #14
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And China is now the world's #1 polluter, having overtaken the United States.
    No mere coincidence.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #15
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,680

    Default

    Chavista means something else in the UK, I think that there's nothing surprising about this and who knows it could have been some sort of environmental weapons tech being tested which caused it, in any case the US has been one of the biggest emergency response contributors both in terms of military and state support and personal charitable contributions.

  6. #16
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Chavista "Experts" Say U.S. Military Caused Haitian Earthquake - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine



    I cannot believe that there are still people who defend Chavez. It's hilarious and, yet, I am shaking with rage that these scumbags would exploit a tragedy in such a way.
    Because the US government would never exploit a tragedy by sending its army into a country on the pretext of giving "aid"...

    Please spare us the moral indignation, Chvez is a small-time mafioso, he could never be in the same league as the mass murderers who run the USA. Obama has presided over more murders (primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan) in his short time than Chvez has managed to in 12 years.

    As for do people take him seriously as Lateralus asked: the USA is not the whole world you know. In Latin America, yes, a lot of people do, that is why he keeps winning elections. I wouldn't vote for him but there you go, don't shoot the messenger. Maybe the Pentagon engineering a coup against him somewhat helped his popularity...?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  7. #17
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Most who cheered Chavez were second world affiliates. The first/developed world tends to be pro-climate reform, and actually the third/undeveloped world leans a bit toward that stance two (in spite of some dicks like Mugabe), but the second/developing world is quite opposed to it all, because it seriously cramps their style.
    Erm, Kyoto?

    Isn't it actually the case that the First World is against any climate reform that hurts itself, and wants to pass all the cost onto the poorer coutnries through "carbon trading". Understandably the "developing" world is against that.

    Regarding whoever said China is the world's greatest polluter - right, but who owns the factories? I don't see too many western industrial giants complaining. And we do all realize that the only way living standards in the west have been maintained in the past 2 decades is through cheap Chinese labour, right?

    I find it really funny how someone is sitting there in Chinese made clothes, munching some imported frozen chicken from China, with a mortgage they got at low interest rates only possible because China countered the inflationary tendencies of the global economy for the past 2 decades, and will then complain about the evil chinese polluters!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  8. #18
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I find it really funny how someone is sitting there in Chinese made clothes, munching some imported frozen chicken from China
    Stop.

    China sells the US cheap knick-knacks, the US sells China cheap lunches.

    Please do not get the two confused.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #19
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    "It's an issue of way of life and a result of the capitalist system and if we don't understand that then we're never going to resolve these problems"
    I agree
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  10. #20
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Because the US government would never exploit a tragedy by sending its army into a country on the pretext of giving "aid"...

    Please spare us the moral indignation, Chvez is a small-time mafioso, he could never be in the same league as the mass murderers who run the USA. Obama has presided over more murders (primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan) in his short time than Chvez has managed to in 12 years.
    We need more moral indignation in the world, not less. And your argument is a ridiculous red herring. Obama/Bush 43 have nothing to do with Chavez's absolutely odious domestic policy. Don't be a tool.


    As for do people take him seriously as Lateralus asked: the USA is not the whole world you know. In Latin America, yes, a lot of people do, that is why he keeps winning elections. I wouldn't vote for him but there you go, don't shoot the messenger. Maybe the Pentagon engineering a coup against him somewhat helped his popularity...?[/QUOTE]

    Doesn't matter. He's still a lying, murdering, repressive fuckhead who deserves to be toppled.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. [Tri] How to know whether am 7 or 8?
    By sonictard in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 06:17 PM
  2. I don't know how to pose this question
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 10:44 AM
  3. Gosh, I don't know what to say... it's just like real life
    By Lisa73 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO