User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    He's not totally nuts, but he is pretty dorky and strange and monomaniacal about the Fed.
    Have you read End The Fed?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Aside from the fact that you disagree with Ron Paul's positions, what about him strikes you as evidence that he is "an absolute nut"?
    Because of some of the conspiracy theories he's been a part of, mostly, and some racial stuff. He's really popular with the Alex Jones type conspiracy crowd, and getting more popular with white supremacists, getting endorsement by some White Pride groups.

Read this, it's from the Ron Paul Political Report, early in the 90s:

Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.

Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.

If similar in-depth studies were conducted in other major cities, who doubts that similar results would be produced? We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.

Perhaps the L.A. experience should not be surprising. The riots, burning, looting, and murders are only a continuation of 30 years of racial politics.The looting in L.A. was the welfare state without the voting booth. The elite have sent one message to black America for 30 years: you are entitled to something for nothing. That's what blacks got on the streets of L.A. for three days in April. Only they didn't ask their Congressmen to arrange the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because of some of the conspiracy theories he's been a part of, mostly, and some racial stuff. He's really popular with the Alex Jones type conspiracy crowd, and getting more popular with white supremacists, getting endorsement by some White Pride groups.

Read this, it's from the Ron Paul Political Report, early in the 90s:
    You do that Ron didn't write that, I assume.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Have you read End The Fed?
    No, but I bought a copy of The Revolution: A Manifesto from him and got it signed at the event in 2008.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It was published under his name, and I didn't really buy him saying that he never read it or heard about it, when confronted later.

The racism stuff, isn't really why I think he is nutty though. Conspiracy theory involvement is why -- or maybe he just tries to play to his nutty fans.

MBTI
    ESFJ

From what I have gathered amongst some people in the know, that was written either by Lew Rockwell, Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard, or someone working with/for Lew Rockwell. The hardcore paleos kinda creep me out. I met some really awesome people that weekend (including a serious drinking session with Alexander Cockburn), but some of the Southern paleo/Sam Francis types really were off-putting.

MBTI
    ESFJ

It was published under his name, and I didn't really buy him saying that he never read it or heard about it, when confronted later.

The racism stuff, isn't really why I think he is nutty though. Conspiracy theory involvement is why -- or maybe he just tries to play to his nutty fans.

It is certain that he did not write the passages in question, and he is the kind of guy who could EASILY not know what is being written in his name, believe me. He is almost willfully oblivious to large portions of his following. He is an oddball character in general, and really bizarre in comparison to other major Washington politicians.

Could you be more specific? What conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, but I bought a copy of The Revolution: A Manifesto from him and got it signed at the event in 2008.
    If you read ETF you'll have greater appreciation for the emphasis RP puts on the Federal Reserve...

MBTI
    ESFJ

If you read ETF you'll have greater appreciation for the emphasis RP puts on the Federal Reserve...
    And ending the Fed is like 3,000th on the list of libertarianish things I want to happen in the United States.