ESFJ

Joseph Kennedy didn't win? Well, fuck.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Joseph Kennedy didn't win? Well, fuck.
    I wished he did better too; just enough to steal the vote from Brown.

But instead it goes to the fake libertarian... they usually have more money behind them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I wished he did better too; just enough to steal the vote from Brown.

But instead it goes to the fake libertarian... they usually have more money behind them anyways.
    How's Rand Paul doing these days? On his way to victory? A libertarian senator?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    How's Rand Paul doing these days? On his way to victory? A libertarian senator?
    There's a chance he could win in 2010. Him and the other Republican running have been really close to each other in polling so far.

If he wins, he'll be really popular with teabaggers, right-wing netroots, and Ayn Rand believers. Don't know if he'll get big Republican establishment money or mainstream acknowledgment. And he's not like his Dad, exactly, who has achieved cult figure status to certain people.

There's a chance he could win in 2010. Him and the other Republican running have been really close to each other in polling so far.

If he wins, he'll be really popular with teabaggers, right-wing netroots, and Ayn Rand believers. Don't know if he'll get big Republican establishment money or mainstream acknowledgment. And he's not like his Dad, exactly, who has achieved cult figure status to certain people.
    My impression is that Rand has a more user-friendly personality than Ron. Ron is an INFJ, and as such has always stuck many as a bit off, a bit too fey and abstract and weird. Rand--dunno his type yet--seems more normal.

YouTube - Rand Paul critiques universal healthcare

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I cannot express my happiness enough.
    I'll see your happiness and raise you a war-whoop.

Barry's going to regret all those truck jibes over the next ten months.

MBTI
    INTP

My impression is that Rand has a more user-friendly personality than Ron. Ron is an INFJ, and as such has always stuck many as a bit off, a bit too fey and abstract and weird. Rand--dunno his type yet--seems more normal.

With Rand, it's not clear whether he has the strong convictions, substance, knowledge etc. that Ron Paul does. Of course those things aren't necessary to be a politician -- look at Romney. Ron Paul has cult status with some people more for the positions he's taken and some kind of principled consistency, not really his charm (and the fact that he's an absolute nut).

So he still has to prove he's not just a novelty politician, because they don't usually last long. He still seems gimmicky to me, but I'm biased.

With Rand, it's not clear whether he has the strong convictions, substance, knowledge etc. that Ron Paul does. Of course those things aren't necessary to be a politician -- look at Romney. Ron Paul has cult status with some people more for the positions he's taken and some kind of principled consistency, not really his charm (and the fact that he's an absolute nut).

So he still has to prove he's not just a novelty politician, because they don't usually last long. He still seems gimmicky to me, but I'm biased.
    Aside from the fact that you disagree with Ron Paul's positions, what about him strikes you as evidence that he is "an absolute nut"?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I've met Ron Paul and spent a small amount of time with him and the Mises Institute crew, and they are all a little weird.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Aside from the fact that you disagree with Ron Paul's positions, what about him strikes you as evidence that he is "an absolute nut"?
    He's not totally nuts, but he is pretty dorky and strange and monomaniacal about the Fed.