User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Most dangerous corporation in the world

Can it be anything other than Monsanto?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Nice documentary. I'm kind of surprised it didn't mention Times Beach, Missouri. I grew up in the St. Louis area and remember when that town was evacuated because it was contaminated with dioxin and PCBs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is it just me, or is St. Louis like a foci for all sorts of awful things?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story - Video

I love Fox News, too!

In 1997, it was alleged a local FOX affiliate cooperated with Monsanto in suppressing an investigative report on the health risks associated with Monsanto's bovine growth hormone product, Posilac.[49] Posilac, a synthetic hormone used to increase milk production in cows, while banned in many first-world countries, is used in the United States. Steve Wilson and Jane Akre disagreed with the inclusion of material in the story they felt was slanted or misleading. Both reporters were eventually fired. Wilson and Akre alleged the firing was for retaliation, while the FOX affiliate contended they were fired for insubordination. The reporters then sued Fox in Florida state court, claiming they could not be fired for refusing to do something that they believed to be illegal. In 2000, a Florida jury found that while there was no evidence FOX had bowed to any pressure from Monsanto to alter the story, Akre, but not Wilson, was unjustly fired.[50]. The decision in Akre's favor was then overturned in 2003 by an appeals court because the whistleblower's statute under which the original case had been filed did not actually apply to the case. The court held that Fox News had no obligation to report truthfully, and the First Amendment protects their right to lie[51]. Therefore, the court held that firing a reporter for refusing to lie is not actionable under the whistleblower statute. The story can be seen in the feature length documentary film The Corporation.
    Monsanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This is a nightmare. So now they are taking over and wrecking the food supply. Great.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: the OP, I totally agree.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nice documentary. I'm kind of surprised it didn't mention Times Beach, Missouri. I grew up in the St. Louis area and remember when that town was evacuated because it was contaminated with dioxin and PCBs.
    Dude. I lived in Ballwin, Missouri for 2 years. Neighboring towns were Manchester, Creve Couer, Ladue, St. Charles, etc. I lived off of Woodsmill Road, in a townhome community called Woodsmill Village. Manchester Road was not far from where I lived. I went to Parkway West Junior High School for 7th and 8th grasde.

Anyway, my brother is 10 years older than me, and on weekends sometimes he and I would just get in his car and drive around. We took a left off of some road off of Manchester and drove way the fuck out, and by God I guarantee you we drove through Times, Beach. The town was deserted. We saw no one. And at the end of the road through there was this big ass sign that read "You have driven through x.y miles of Dioxin Contamination. Blah, blah, blah..." It was really fucking spooky.

I have other stories of chemical giants I can discuss in PM...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Can it be anything other than Monsanto?
    I'm sure there is some competition out there (Walmart and its hordes of East Asian sweatshop maybe-not-quite-slaves come to mind), but Monsanto is certainly a more-than-worthy candidate. I laughed the first time I heard about them suing farmers who'd had their Roundup-Ready seed blown in on the wind from neighboring fields. Then I realized that the story wasn't a joke. Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]