User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Other than the trivial fact that this thread lasted for a total of 2.1 nips on my new information post meter, why did not a single vote go to Disney?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Other than the trivial fact that this thread lasted for a total of 2.1 nips on my new information post meter, why did not a single vote go to Disney?
    How many people has Disney killed?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Disney?

Really?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INtP

why did not a single vote go to Disney?
    I'm with Lateralus and Ivy on this one... Disney may be exploitative and amoral (claiming copyright to traditional, centuries-old stories, etc.), but they're not even close to being in the same category as Monsanto, Blackwater, Walmart, Halliburton, any of the 3rd-world "we'll build you an infrastructure and pillage you while we do it" groups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I'm with Lateralus and Ivy on this one... Disney may be exploitative and amoral (claiming copyright to traditional, centuries-old stories, etc.), but they're not even close to being in the same category as Monsanto, Blackwater, Walmart, Halliburton, any of the 3rd-world "we'll build you an infrastructure and pillage you while we do it" groups.
    Agreed. They have been one of the biggest lobbyists behind copyright extensions, and the continuing power grab by content owning companies is kind of sickening (resulting in things like the DMCA), but I don't think that really compares to some of the other choices given.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    What?
    Think about it, if you genetically modify the pests not to eat the corn, they spread, reproduce, not eat the corn, continue on until a significant population of the pest stop eating the corn, and then you have relatively pest-free corn without changing the corn at all.

However, Monsanto would never allow this (because it doesn't allow for copyrights because individuals don't need to buy the pests!), and instead of poisoning us it would poison the environment in some unforseen way.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    How many people has Disney killed?
    Is there a company that has killed more than Disney? I can't think of one.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Is there a company that has killed more than Disney? I can't think of one.
    Troll?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I didn't really want to cross that bridge anyway.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Power is neither good nor bad, it simply is. Anything with the power to do good has the power to do bad. Anything with the power to give has the power to take.

Those corporations with the most potential to be a danger are those corporations with the most potential to be a benefit.