User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, again, I say look into cooperatives. They are part of the solution in my opinion (if we can ever shove them past the corporate behemoths and leviathons in the first place).
    I don't think we need to eliminate corporations, completely. We need to redefine them. They used to have strict limitations. A big part of the problem is that now they can do whatever they want.

I have nothing against cooperatives. Some work quite well. However, I don't think that should be the sole organizational structure.

However, where you are bound to find me and Lateralus part ways, is on the question of the government. I'm going to look for solutions through increased government presence, and point to what goes wrong without government, and Lateralus will presumably look for solutions through decreased government presence, and point to what goes wrong with government.
    I'm not necessarily against increased government involvement. What I don't like is when the default response is to look to government for a solution. Sometimes that's not necessary. As for the topic at hand, I don't think there's any way to address this issue without government involvement. Laws must be rewritten.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Corporations are people too. I don't see why everyone's down on corporations and then they still buy corporate cola every day.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Corporations are people too. I don't see why everyone's down on corporations and then they still buy corporate cola every day.
    It's extremely impractical to try and live in the modern world without buying any products or services from corporations.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's extremely impractical to try and live in the modern world without buying any products or services from corporations.
    It's not impractical. It just takes more effort and sometimes it takes more money.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's not impractical. It just takes more effort and sometimes it takes more money.
    Most people who are against corporations recognize the futility of trying to destroy corporations by refusing to buy their products. Even if you don't, millions of others will, so the only thing you accomplish by personally boycotting them is costing yourself more time, money and effort.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This is part of the problem. Corporations shouldn't be considered people under the law.

I'd like to see how anyone could avoid using any of Monsanto's products, outside of living in a cabin like the unabomber.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Most people who are against corporations recognize the futility of trying to destroy corporations by refusing to buy their products. Even if you don't, millions of others will, so the only thing you accomplish by personally boycotting them is costing yourself more time, money and effort.

I didn't say you were going to destroy corporations by not buying their products. People bitch about walmart and monsanto and then they go to walmart and buy soy products....

Most people waste more time on the internet and in front of a t.v. than it takes to make informed choices about the food, services and products they buy.

It doesn't cost very much to eat healthy or non-gmo or organic. If you cut out the junk food you'll actually be spending less.

If you don't want to put the effort in to avoiding corporate products, then it's not that important to you. If it's not important to you, why are you worried about it?

You can do a little bit of research to find out what vegetables, meats, grains, etc are NOT GM, or buy organic or fuck, why does it even matter? When the corn crops started getting contaminated with GM-ness, i stopped buying corn and started growing my own from non-gm sources. greenhouse corn is excellent, btw.

I agree, Corporations defintately should not be "people".

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yes, I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult. You could just never eat anything prepared by anyone else ever again. Your food choices would isolate you.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes, I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult. You could just never eat anything prepared by anyone else ever again. Your food choices would isolate you.
    I don't have a problem with that. I'm sure others do but they evidently have different priorities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

I didn't say you were going to destroy corporations by not buying their products. People bitch about walmart and monsanto and then they go to walmart and buy soy products....

Most people waste more time on the internet and in front of a t.v. than it takes to make informed choices about the food, services and products they buy.

It doesn't cost very much to eat healthy or non-gmo or organic. If you cut out the junk food you'll actually be spending less.

If you don't want to put the effort in to avoiding corporate products, then it's not that important to you. If it's not important to you, why are you worried about it?

You can do a little bit of research to find out what vegetables, meats, grains, etc are NOT GM, or buy organic or fuck, why does it even matter? When the corn crops started getting contaminated with GM-ness, i stopped buying corn and started growing my own from non-gm sources. greenhouse corn is excellent, btw.

I agree, Corporations defintately should not be "people".
    Why should we accept that it takes efforts beyond what the general population is prepared for to eat right? Shouldn't food that is healthy and doesn't compromise biodiversity and so on be the easy choice in your daily life? Or are you interested in maintaining this system because your personal regimen is part of your identity?