User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Is it just St. Louis? Or is it the entire state of Missouri?

This happened in Sturgeon, MO.

MONSANTO LIABLE IN '79 DIOXIN SPILL - NYTimes.com

Monsanto Chemical Spill Verdict Overturned
    It's a big back-end.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

wow i just found this gem:

Monsanto: Report Genetically Modified Corn Causes Organ Damage In Rats - Stocks To Watch Today - Barrons.com

I know how a bad press can build up about any company over time as it gets successful (opinions of microsoft come to mind here), but i dunno about this one. I'm just thankful our FDA is full of bureaucratic hard-lined SJs, myself. (meaning the FDA will serve as an adequate filtration system of these kidns of things)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

How are they escaping monopoly laws? Is it just that the idea of staking off genetic territory is so new that the law doesn't really have anything to say about it, so there's kind of a Wild West thing going on?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    wow i just found this gem:

Monsanto: Report Genetically Modified Corn Causes Organ Damage In Rats - Stocks To Watch Today - Barrons.com

I know how a bad press can build up about any company over time as it gets successful (opinions of microsoft come to mind here), but i dunno about this one. I'm just thankful our FDA is full of bureaucratic hard-lined SJs, myself. (meaning the FDA will serve as an adequate filtration system of these kidns of things)
    You cannot trust the FDA to filter anything. The FDA is totally in bed with Monsanto. It's a revolving door.

Watch the documentary linked by disregard. It gives you an idea of how pervasive this is.

Obama's administration is no different than previous administrations, either:

Six Reasons Why Obama Appointing Monsanto's Buddy, Former Iowa Governor Vilsack, for USDA Head Would be a Terrible Idea

Ronnie Cummins: Another Shill for Monsanto
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    How are they escaping monopoly laws? Is it just that the idea of staking off genetic territory is so new that the law doesn't really have anything to say about it, so there's kind of a Wild West thing going on?
    I don't know. How does Microsoft? My first guess would be that the reasoning is probably similar.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't know. How does Microsoft? My first guess would be that the reasoning is probably similar.
    Funny you should mention that- I was just looking around for more info about this and the following article was the first one to pop up.

Wisconsin Ag Connection - National/World News - Pioneer Calls Monsanto an 'Overwhelming Monopoly'

Meanwhile, Pioneer has filed its own antitrust lawsuit against Monsanto and its attorneys, led by the same man, David Boies, who led the U.S. Justice Department's antitrust prosecution of Microsoft a decade ago.

Pioneer claims that Monsanto is using Roundup Ready biotech traits in a manner similar to the way Microsoft was alleged to have used its Windows operating system to squelch competition on computer desktops.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

One might very literally say Lockheed Martin is a dangerous corporation. And it helps that they are pretty known for shady business management in their already inherently questionable line of business.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    In my video you will see how many former Monsanto executives have made their way into the FDA.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was reading the Monsanto response to Food, Inc. on their website. To the allegations of a "revolving door" between Monsanto and the FDA, their answer (paraphrased) was: "In reality, people change jobs all the time." Eyeroll.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Monsanto refutes this study here. What Monsanto says about this study could be true, but they don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to integrity. They have falsified studies in the past.

When I first heard about GMOs, I didn't think much of it. Food is food, it all gets digested. But then I read some more about this and realized that some GMOs produce new proteins. This can be kind of scary if you think about it. Mad Cow Disease is a protein (a prion), and while known prions are usually transmitted through meat, there's a lot we still don't know about them.