User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Sex Offenders in Miami Freeze

I was checking the weather for my hometown and saw this article pop up on Yahoo so I just had to click it:

In Miami, sex offenders out in the cold - Yahoo! News

Apparently, because of strict laws in Miami that sex offenders can't be close to places where children congregate, many can't find homes and live in tent communities under bridges and stuff. Because of the freeze, they're left outside in the cold, and Miami doesn't know what to do about it.

Frankly, I don't know what to think, either.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe this is what it will take to get them to rethink their ridiculous laws.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Maybe this is what it will take to get them to rethink their ridiculous laws.
    Or to keep people from being sex offenders.

Or I'm being optimistic about it
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

There's a word for shit like this and its Consequences.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Praying for a long, cold winter here in Florida.

If I were the mayor of Miami I'd make the only zones where sex offenders could live alligator breeding farms, or lakes infested with piranhas.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Praying for a long, cold winter here in Florida.

Halla, you are wise.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Or to keep people from being sex offenders.

Or I'm being optimistic about it
    Unfortunately, this will only make things worse. Ostracizing them after they've been released from prison will only have negative consequences. If they're still dangerous, they should not have been released.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Unfortunately, this will only make things worse. Ostracizing them after they've been released from prison will only have negative consequences. If they're still dangerous, they should not have been released.
    And yet it happens.

What would you propose instead? Good will and acceptance of the sort that would have them revisiting all the thoughts that "it wasnt really a crime anyway" or "there wasnt a victim" again resulting in reoffending?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sex Offenders are released from prison for financial reasons, not because they are "rehabilitated" Actually, you cannot "rehabilitate" a pedophile. You cannot rehabilitate many sex offenders either. They are some truly messed up individuals. (and I'm not talking about the 19 year old who had sex with a 16 year old who lied about their age)
    Just a thought though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And yet it happens.

What would you propose instead? Good will and acceptance of the sort that would have them revisiting all the thoughts that "it wasnt really a crime anyway" or "there wasnt a victim" again resulting in reoffending?
    Don't imprison people for vice crimes.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."