User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    NICE

“the facts about what actually went down are in dispute”

Source: Western troops accused of executing 10 Afghan civilians, including children - Times Online

Plenty of accusations fly in conflict; don't assume because an accusation has been made that it's true.

So. Maybe. Maybe not.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

If you think I argue politics for a laugh you couldn't be more wrong - I'm afraid I don't see anything funny about the effects of the imperialist system* on the dependent countries or indeed the workers in the "developed" world.

*i.e., "imperialism" as Lenin understood it - a global economic and political system based on the dominance of financial-industrial monopoly blocs, inextricably linked to their respective states who act militarily and politically to protect their interests (a process which has since been understood as "globalization" to use the popular though problematic term which doesn't have the same dynamism or revolutionary implications).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    If you think I argue politics for a laugh you couldn't be more wrong - I'm afraid I don't see anything funny about the effects of the imperialist system* on the dependent countries or indeed the workers in the "developed" world.
    So then killing ten children for the purpose of getting those damned Imperialist American Pigs out of the country would all be a part of the valiant struggle, yes?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge