User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

If one's goal is to make money, why the Hell is genocide a solution?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    So, according to you, who genocides who? Who ethnically cleans who? And why, for what gain, for what purpose?
    Why it's the Bilderburg Group of course...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Ok, well for the information of the thread, it was correct.
    No it wasn't.

Next question.

The fact that the quote got to you enough that you quoted it twice, is enough proof that it hit the mark.
    Absolutely not.

Next question?

Marxist class analysis doesn't work on feudalism? Are you sure about that...? I thought Marx explained the origins, mechanics and decline of feudalism quite well. Though you are irght that he was too optimistic about the possibilities of global capitalism eradicating this (or at least, from what I have read). For this, much more useful is Trotsky's theory of Permanent Revolution which explains the intricate ties between underdevelopment, the survival of pre-capitalist proeprty and social relations, and the imeprialist global system.
    And the worst is, that when was 17 or so, I did read all this crap. :rolli:

When you're young, naive, and that you have to forge your own political consciousness, it's not such a waste of time, but later on... well...

Or if you don;t like Trotsky, read Frantz Fanon "The Wretched of the Earth", who in Chapter 5 explains this relationship quite well (and he wrote in French, plus Sartre wrote a foreword, that's what I call a bargain!).
    Did you know that Sartre was my Godfather?

I mean, literally.

---

Anyway, if you want to learn something about the real Afghanistan, may be you could start with books of testimonies about that dear Massoud, for instance the ones written by De Ponfilly or Rolin.

It's just a suggestion?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    IsraeeeI, mean Palestine?, no wait, yeah,... Israel!...
    Nope. Not Isreal. Its not nations although Russia and China are proably currently laughing it up.

Nations for the most part are an oldway of looking at things. Israel (at least as we know it modernly) is gonna collapse by the end of this decade. Hopefully in a mostly bloodless manner as South Africa (but I doubt it).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Why it's the Bilderburg Group of course...
    You like conspiracy theories, don't you?

And especially those including rich Jews, I presume?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Marxist class analysis doesn't work on feudalism? Are you sure about that...?
    I would suggest Susan Reynolds, a noted Medieval scholar, as a better source for understanding the nature of feudalism.

Don't get me started on Trotsky. :rolli:

MBTI
    ENFJ

Even then it doesn't make sense that the Jews would want to kill the Afghanis-- they're the one profiting off all the heroin being sold, why would they kill their producers?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Definitely entertaining!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    -- they're the one profiting off all the heroin being sold, why would they kill their producers?
    The invasion has been 'good' for both herion producers and distributers. After the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline druglords are probably one of the bigest beneficiaries of this war. Suspect a lot of solders will get hooked in the process thereby creating a larger American market for smack too.

"US military presence has served to restore rather than eradicate the drug trade.

What the reports fail to acknowledge is that the Taliban government was instrumental in implementing a successful drug eradication program, with the support and collaboration of the UN.

Implemented in 2000-2001, the Taliban's drug eradication program led to a 94 percent decline in opium cultivation. In 2001, according to UN figures, opium production had fallen to 185 tons. Immediately following the October 2001 US led invasion, production increased dramatically, regaining its historical levels
    ."
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    The invasion has been 'good' for both herion producers and distributers.

"US military presence has served to restore rather than eradicate the drug trade.

What the reports fail to acknowledge is that the Taliban government was instrumental in implementing a successful drug eradication program, with the support and collaboration of the UN.

Implemented in 2000-2001, the Taliban's drug eradication program led to a 94 percent decline in opium cultivation. In 2001, according to UN figures, opium production had fallen to 185 tons. Immediately following the October 2001 US led invasion, production increased dramatically, regaining its historical levels
    ."
    Hot damn.

Perhaps we should make the junkies fund the war.