User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default ADD/ADHD= extraverted perception

This is based on an idea from another website, but I reallly agree with it. That is people with "ADD/ADHD" are just people with a preference for extraverted percieving (extraverted sensing or extraverted intuition as dominant or auxiliary process).
    (I never believed that "attention deficit" was a real disorder, I do think that the model of psychological types backs me up on this)

MBTI
    INTP

MBTI
    OMNi

I disagree. I have ADD. I have always had trouble focusing and become easily distracted. This is despite desperately wanting to stay tuned in on what is going on around me. It's made my adult sex life a complete drag. I think it has been overdiagnosed, but I believe that it is a real condition for some people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ADD is Ne (mental-based). ADHD is Se (physical-based).

MBTI
    ENTP

I suppose people have over time developed a stereotypical image of an NP personality as ADD and an SP personality as ADHD. However, I was quite 'hyperactive' as a child, and there are artisians who get the label w/out hyperactivity.
    That's a good observation though!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would say that Ni with ADD would have a more focused form of it. And the Si, of course, is the perfect little angel...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it's possibly related, but I'm not sure that all EP's are ADD or ADHD. They're random enough to have tendencies in that direction, though.

On the other hand, it could have a slight amount to do with N as well. I've always been able to focus in public, and I usually do. It seems to take more energy for me than it should. In fact, I tend to switch between various activities a lot at home. I feel uncomfortable without structure in a long-term sense, or in the way I present things to people, though.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've been checked (for just about every disorder known to man) and I don't have either ADD or ADHD. I do waver and sometimes find it hard to focus, but that's more to do with physical fatigue since I don't get much sleep.

Healthy use of Ne doesn't lead to ADD, and I don't think that healthy use of Se leads to ADHD.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

every member of my immediate family has been diagnosed with it at one point or another! The only one who takes her medicine though is my isfj mom, who claims it's quite helpful!

oh- there's only one EP type in my family! (intp, isfj,istp and esfp)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would say that Ni with ADD would have a more focused form of it. And the Si, of course, is the perfect little angel...
    Haha, standardized behaviour. I'm still at odds that someone would handicap their free will so much. What really makes me wonder is that the people disputing the existence of free will (FW) are usually NT..

do ANY S dispute the existence of FW? SP seem to exercise their FW most freely. SJ seem to emphasize how the use of FW should be standardized, organized and decided - even chained and caged, as if it was a dangerous animal.

Did I stray from the topic?