User Tag List

First 234

Do you know where to get checked for ADD?

I have a tendency to try to do too many things, till I am stretched so thin that either I fail at a bunch of things or I "break" emotionally and physical (like getting sick once again this las week)?

I am getting too old to pull these stunts. (I know I am not that old, but it seems like I should have found some focus by now).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

sounds like something you can fix yourself by changing habits, not by taking pills. I just think that's more empowering anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    sounds like something you can fix yourself by changing habits, not by taking pills. I just think that's more empowering anyway.
    i mean, you can fix it yourself by changing habits...but it'll take insane amounts of work over multiple years. and i would sincerely doubt that anyone under 18 would be capable of that kind of work.

taking pills is a quick boost that can jumpstart habit changes. it's not gonna help much in the long term, but it can be extremely helpful day to day.

and i'm not even gonna try to argue with your claim that learning for yourself how to cope is much more empowering

(i'm taking both approaches at the moment)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Do you know where to get checked for ADD?

I have a tendency to try to do too many things, till I am stretched so thin that either I fail at a bunch of things or I "break" emotionally and physical (like getting sick once again this las week)?

I am getting too old to pull these stunts. (I know I am not that old, but it seems like I should have found some focus by now).
    Err. That's not ADHD. I think you're just under stress. Try taking Vitamin B and relaxing more.

But anyway, if you really want an evaluation, go to a psychologist.