First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Important to note you also have Fe and Se. I would like to this time to point out you are more than likely a sexual nympho who loves to give, give, give, with aha hunches during.
    Oy! I missed this . . . I'm kinda sorry I didn't keep on missing it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Important to note you also have Fe and Se. I would like to this time to point out you are more than likely a sexual nympho who loves to give, give, give, with aha hunches during.
    No, I believe that would be closer to an ExFP. If you really believe that's common of INFJ's... then what type do you suspect I am since I'm nothing like that?

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I'm very loopy and absentminded, but I don't have ADD. I do have a neverending influx of ideas, but when I choose to pursue one of them and focus, I can. I can easily read a book for two hours or something like that. I often go from idea or activity to another, but I do it consciously and deliberately, if I really wanted to control myself, I could.
    Interestingly, it's the opposite for me. I normally tend to focus intently on one idea or perspective at a time, but I can choose to just keep moving from one to the other if I choose to for some reason, and this leads to more ideas being generated.

MBTI
    INTJ

noo.

I know someone who is INTP and ADD,
    ENTJ and adhd
    and ENTP and adhd.

it probably has nothing to do with personality type or if your are primarily an extrovert or introvert. Remember, one is not confined by their preference either, that is, their extroverted/introverted traits do not explain 100% of their behavior. Perhaps, for some, it only accounts for like 55% of their behavior (leaning one way).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm ADD, and an INFJ. i think Ni has a lot to do with it (seeing tons of perspectives on the same thing). also, my Ti is extremely strong, so when it's not getting information, it screams at my other functions for input.

MBTI
    ENTP

-there's nothing about any judging function that's ADD. Especially extraverted judging which is so culturally sanctioned it should be immediately taken off the table as having anything to do with ADD. Introverted perception does not make ADD to?- It does, but somehow those folks never get the label because they can 'hide it' much better (it's called introverted perception). I highly doubt that the 'ENTJ' with ADD is an ENTJ, I just have to admit that

MBTI
    INTJ

Gabe you're closed minded then. She's been an ENTJ every time she took the test. She's ADHD and ENTJ. You're just upset there's not correlation to your theory.

On a side note. My IQ is 120, hers is 140. She's my mom. High intelligence and ADHD in close family members have been linked through scientific study with little margin of error. Do research and you'll find no evidence to support your theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomanic View Post
    Gabe you're closed minded then. She's been an ENTJ every time she took the test. She's ADHD and ENTJ. You're just upset there's not correlation to your theory.

On a side note. My IQ is 120, hers is 140. She's my mom. High intelligence and ADHD in close family members have been linked through scientific study with little margin of error. Do research and you'll find no evidence to support your theory.
    I suppose it might be genetic. But I would only believe that if I were convinced that AD(H)D was a real disorder. And I don't think I ever will be. Speaking of which, the only family member I can think of with "ADD" (before they had a name for it) was one of my grandfathers. I hope you remember that. IN all this talk about ADD.
    Your anectode tells me nothing. I still don't KNOW if your mom's an ENTJ. What test did you use. Was it the official MBTI or one of the online tests. Both have a very high tendency to be wrong.

I would also bet that if they did a study of "attention deficit" and type, the vast majority would be percieving types, with the highest concentration in E__P's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I suppose it might be genetic. But I would only believe that if I were convinced that AD(H)D was a real disorder. And I don't think I ever will be. Speaking of which, the only family member I can think of with "ADD" (before they had a name for it) was one of my grandfathers. I hope you remember that. IN all this talk about ADD.
    ADD is a real disorder as much as any disorder is. obviously the boundary between having ADD and not having it is going to be fuzzy, but isn't that always the case with human categorization?

and, yeah, it's hard to understand if you aren't the one who has it...

i know for me, i have some major issues functioning. i remember in high school i had a class where we were graded on having a full notebook following along with every lecture. this was the first time i was sure there was something different about me -- in the past, i would just not take notes and do fairly well anyways. but in this class i would try as hard as i could to take notes -- problem was, i would follow along for 5-10 minutes and then all of a sudden realize that i had missed the last 15 minutes of notes. it's not like i consciously stopped concentrating...i just did, and noticed too late to catch up.

it's not like i don't have coping strategies for performing well; in most cases, i function fine. but there are specific things that i just cannot do like the majority of the population.

I would also bet that if they did a study of "attention deficit" and type, the vast majority would be percieving types, with the highest concentration in E__P's.
    i'd agree with that. i'm sure there would be a strong correlation between xxxP types and ADD.

but i honestly think any type can have ADD. it's really just a matter of not being mentally stimulated like others. this is probably due to two factors:
    1) faster comprehension than most, therefore no need to pay attention for as long. or slower comprehension, to the point where paying attention wouldn't even help.
    2) higher threshold for what counts as stimulating

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Your anectode tells me nothing. I still don't KNOW if your mom's an ENTJ. What test did you use. Was it the official MBTI or one of the online tests. Both have a very high tendency to be wrong.

Understandable. You can't know what you do not (or do not want to) comprehend.

MBTI
    ENTP

I only have a small sample size, but of my family, I'm INTP and ADHD, my brother is NT, probably INTP as well and ADHD. My dad, ISTJ, is ADD, as is my mom, INFP. My sister, ENFP, is not AD/HD, although she is sorta spacey, just not to the level of ADD. We are mostly dyslexic as well... Doesn't stop us from reading a lot though. We have enough books to start a library.

I don't think it has much correlation with type.

A random thought: AD/HD has definite genetic correlations, while type does not seem to. It's very rare for all members of a family to have very close types, but if both parents have AD/HD or LD, their kids probably do as well.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce