User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've been diagnosed with it and I'm Ni dominant. Feeling senile and having difficulty staying on task is a real drag for a J type.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Don't forget that the general opinion of America in the rest of the world is that it's pretty much compulsory (nothing to do with the privatized health system... honest... ) to have some kind of mental illness, and that pretty much any negative emotion or reaction or feeling (and even positive ones too nowadays) is a symptom of some kind of illness.

Not saying I agree with that, but y'know... no smoke without fire... except smoke machines, but they're not really smoke are they, they're dry ice...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    isxp

Has anyone heard of Thom Hartmann's Hunter vs. Farmer theory? I won't try to explain it because you guys can get a better understanding by researching it yourself . Anyway, here's a link to a table that compares traits of ADD/ADHD people to hunters and farmers---> CLICK HERE.

MBTI
    ENTP

pretty cool. John Beebe (prominent jungian) calls his dominant extraverted intuition "hunting bear".
    and I'll have to have the link for that so I'm not a plagarizer (even though it's a slightly irrelivent link) INFJ or INFP? a closer look, the extroverted introverts page.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think ADD/ADHD is often confused for extraverted perception. That does not mean they are the same thing.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

And yet people who prefer Se or Ne (as in 1st or 2nd position process) are disproportionately diagnosed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Don't forget that the general opinion of America in the rest of the world is that it's pretty much compulsory (nothing to do with the privatized health system... honest... ) to have some kind of mental illness, and that pretty much any negative emotion or reaction or feeling (and even positive ones too nowadays) is a symptom of some kind of illness.

Not saying I agree with that, but y'know... no smoke without fire... except smoke machines, but they're not really smoke are they, they're dry ice...
    I don't actually consider it a disorder in it's mild form. It's just an inconvenience of being wired a little differently from what works best in this particular time and place. I don't think our physiologies have quite caught up with the industrial age, let alone the post-industrial age. I'm not sure they should.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think that schizophrenia can often be confused with Ni.

And INxx types, followed by ISxx, seem to be at greater risk of depression which makes perfect sense, because the N, by nature, is prone to unrealistic expectations and magical thinking -- the reality of which is, yes, depressing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I've been diagnosed with it and I'm Ni dominant. Feeling senile and having difficulty staying on task is a real drag for a J type.
    Important to note you also have Fe and Se. I would like to this time to point out you are more than likely a sexual nympho who loves to give, give, give, with aha hunches during.

I'm very loopy and absentminded, but I don't have ADD. I do have a neverending influx of ideas, but when I choose to pursue one of them and focus, I can. I can easily read a book for two hours or something like that. I often go from idea or activity to another, but I do it consciously and deliberately, if I really wanted to control myself, I could.