User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Actually I looked it up... (I'm SAD, it's an NT habit, bad excuse for being a wiki junkie)

The US also have it as Temporary Insanity.... LOL

So we can all get away with murder from jelousy
    Not really. Temporary insanity is insanely difficult to prove.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

France is making temper tantrums illegal. That is funny! Unenforceable but funny.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    France is making temper tantrums illegal. That is funny! Unenforceable but funny.
    What is really funny is the way everybody here has interpreted an incomplete information written on a half-digested British paper.

Again, this law is here to criminalise chronic and extended psychological violence, not isolated incidents.

I'm wondering why you do not want to notice the obvious difference.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    What is really funny is the way everybody here has interpreted an incomplete information written on a half-digested British paper.

Again, this law is here to criminalize chronic and extended psychological violence, not isolated incidents.

I'm wondering why you do not want to notice the obvious difference.
    Why do you keep defending the French?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why do you keep defending the French?
    Because he's a Frenchman.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Because he's a Frenchman.
    Nothing gets past you.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Not only. If the two lives separately of each other for more than two years, then the divorce can be accepted automatically.

In facts, the procedure is very similar to the one you have in the UK.
    I'm in the US and divorce laws vary from state to state. In my state there is no fault divorce. If your partner wants to divorce you, even if you don't want the divorce, they can file the papers and you will be legally divorced in sixty days if there are not children involved and there is no big fight over property. It takes a little longer if there are kids involved, like maybe six months.

At fault divorce is only in cases of a partner having a felony before the marriage, being impotent at the time of the marriage, or being incurably insane for the last two years of the marriage. I don't think at-fault is used very much.

I was thinking I'd heard that it was harder/took longer to get a divorce in Europe than it is in the US, which is what made me think of the law being used for that purpose.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nothing gets past you.
    Well, he wouldn't be defending them if he were an Englishman, would he?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, he wouldn't be defending them if he were an Englishman, would he?
    As a matter of fact, I have defended my English cousins several times when I noticed insane rumors frequently spread by our American friends.

Same goes with modern Germany.

But here, the accusations against France's legal system are simply... ridiculous. It's not even a question of chauvinism, it's just sheer nonsense.

Although I'm very surprised that many people seem to genuinely think such rumors are true.
    For a second, I even though to the possibility of an elaborate joke directed against the few Frenchmen that dwell here.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFJ

As a matter of fact, I have defended my English cousins several times when I noticed insane rumors frequently spread by our American friends.

Same goes with modern Germany.

But here, the accusations against France's legal system are simply... ridiculous. It's not even a question of chauvinism, it's just sheer nonsense.

Although I'm very surprised that many people seem to genuinely think such rumors are true.
    For a second, I even though to the possibility of an elaborate joke directed against the few Frenchmen that dwell here.
    I think you may have left off a few words in there because I can't tell exactly what you're saying.

Then again, I barely know anything of the French legal system. The American legal system is confusing enough.